Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decline and Decay

Thanks
    Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,759 Posts
    Wait, you have to pay money to join a group to find out about something he is selling for more money ? Sure am glad to see he keeps such a great presence here.

Dance with the one that brung ya.

In an Undisclosed Remote Location in the tropical South East
    Thanks
    *click*
    Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit

Thanks
    click!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 617 Posts
    Clickety clack! I need a new mouse.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,504 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redman2006 View Post
    Wait, you have to pay money to join a group to find out about something he is selling for more money ? Sure am glad to see he keeps such a great presence here.

Dance with the one that brung ya.
    While I do *kind of* agree, I can see why he doesn't. He's now in high demand, and we have a little group of, what, 12 or so? Well, he needs to go where the bodies and wallets are. An occasional "y'all are jerks!" or something would be nice, but I'm not too worried about that. I just appreciate that TPTB keep this board up for us reprobates.
    Defund the Media !

Thanks
    So did anyone realize AA published a book in May called Ramblin Man?
    Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

Thanks
    Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,759 Posts
    this little group of twelve was much larger when he was a presence here. It started declining when he was no longer available to the fans that came here seeking him. That post about what was to come on the front page was basically his last significant post, and it had been preceded by a long silence before it. It was around that time that things really seemed to tail off IMHO. He moved off to greener pastures, so other drifted away.

Just my opinion, and worth exactly what you paid for it.

Thanks
    Oh well, personally I wouldn't trade community for fame, even online community. Everyone has to decide that for theirselves, I haven't been around here that long, I stick around because the people here are interesting and involved in real prepping. Our way of life has become a hobby for a lot of people these days so be able to interact with real preppers instead of keyboard commandos is a blessing. For me AA being here or not isn't really a deal breaker either way. I will say I seen people here support him when he had become a meme after Alone and you'd think that would be people you would stick with not alienate but that was all before me so that's just an outside looking in opinion.
    Oderint dum metuant

Thanks
    Thanked 2,999 Times in 1,376 Posts
    These things go in cycles as most things do . Survivalist form was interesting but AA came along an ginned it up a notch . We hold outs have a home to bounce ideas back an forth , have some fun and keep the flame alive . If this place folds I'd feel sad and a great lose an connection to some fine people .

Thanks
    Thanked 14,504 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    So did anyone realize AA published a book in May called Ramblin Man?
    Ramblin Man was published in 2014 if I remember right. It might have just been rereleased.

Edit: not for the first time in my life, I was wrong. April 2015 was first release.
    Defund the Media !