No announcement yet.

Decline and Decay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So did anyone realize AA published a book in May called Ramblin Man?
    [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

this little group of twelve was much larger when he was a presence here. It started declining when he was no longer available to the fans that came here seeking him. That post about what was to come on the front page was basically his last significant post, and it had been preceded by a long silence before it. It was around that time that things really seemed to tail off IMHO. He moved off to greener pastures, so other drifted away.

Just my opinion, and worth exactly what you paid for it.

Comment

Oh well, personally I wouldn't trade community for fame, even online community. Everyone has to decide that for theirselves, I haven't been around here that long, I stick around because the people here are interesting and involved in real prepping. Our way of life has become a hobby for a lot of people these days so be able to interact with real preppers instead of keyboard commandos is a blessing. For me AA being here or not isn't really a deal breaker either way. I will say I seen people here support him when he had become a meme after Alone and you'd think that would be people you would stick with not alienate but that was all before me so that's just an outside looking in opinion.

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

Comment

These things go in cycles as most things do . Survivalist form was interesting but AA came along an ginned it up a notch . We hold outs have a home to bounce ideas back an forth , have some fun and keep the flame alive . If this place folds I'd feel sad and a great lose an connection to some fine people .

Comment

Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
            So did anyone realize AA published a book in May called Ramblin Man?
            Ramblin Man was published in 2014 if I remember right. It might have just been rereleased.

Edit: not for the first time in my life, I was wrong. April 2015 was first release.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
              this little group of twelve was much larger when he was a presence here. It started declining when he was no longer available to the fans that came here seeking him.
              You might be right, and I'm certainly not disagreeing. The other factor that might come into play is that quite a few of us met up in Wyoming in the summer of 2014, and things started rapidly declining almost immediately afterwards. Hell, maybe I chased em off. I've been called an ass once or twice in my life. For a while there, my other nickname was "Jopa", which one of our formerly active members gave to me, saying that was Russian for "ass", or very close to it. I hope she wasn't lying to me.
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by airdrop View Post
                ... If this place folds I'd feel sad and a great lose an connection to some fine people .
                Agreed, I feel the same way. I think that pretty much everyone has my number, and everyone is welcome to call or text me (texting is usually preferred, I hate talking on the phone). If there's anyone here who doesn't have my number, and is crazy enough to want it, PM me.
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

I agree Air, There are several I wish would come back. Good contributors, interesting, and nice people

Comment

Random *clicks* for a bunch of good posts

Comment

On a lighter note, does anyone besides me think AA and Todd Hoffman might really be the same guy lol.

Comment

On a lighter note, does anyone besides me think AA and Todd Hoffman might really be the same guy lol.
                        Who is Todd Hoffman?
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Guy on Gold Rush

Click image for larger version

Name:	Todd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	132967

Comment

Guy on Gold Rush

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9819[/ATTACH]
                            Ok, thanks. I'm assuming that's a TV show. Never heard of it or him. I do see some resemblance, but Todd doesn't have nearly enough grey hair, on his head or in his beard to be The Man himself.
                            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Just finished Ramblin Man......meh

Not AAs best work, I'm guessing that's why the story never continued.

Comment

Just finished Ramblin Man......meh

Not AAs best work, I'm guessing that's why the story never continued.
                                Have you read The Perseid Collapse and The Jakarta Pandemic, both from Steven Konkoly? I enjoyed them both.
                                Rambin' Man was part of a project where one author (AA in this case) could build on the work of another, without it really being a "collaboration". Rambin' Man was part of The Perseid Collapse world.
                                Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                                X