Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Officer Greg Anderson

Thanks
    Thanked 14,504 Times in 4,266 Posts

Thanks Officer Greg Anderson

During this COVID19 lockdown, I think that we're all aware of some of the abuses that some communities and states have endured, allowed, and even ordered it's Law Enforcement Officers to carry out. All too often, the officers involved are "Just following Orders", just like all of the underlings in NAZI Germany. This has really been weighing on me, and I've been wondering why we haven't heard much from the Oath Keepers.

Let me be clear, the last thing that I want to see is a Citizen Against LEO war in the streets of America. It won't be pretty for either side. Well, let me rephrase that. It's the next to the last thing that I want to see. The truly last thing that I would want to see is the average citizenry under the tyrannical thumb of an out of control government and Law Enforcement machine.

This is why this video gives me great hope that all is not lost. Officer Greg Anderson says exactly what I have been thinking, and hopefully his brothers and sisters in Law Enforcement will pay attention before it's too late. Please watch, listen and share if it speaks to you as much as it does to me.

Thank you Officer Anderson, for standing up and following you oath.
    When oppression becomes law, resistance become duty.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,999 Times in 1,376 Posts
    One sane voice , I hope he's listened to . The problem with a lot of departments , they'll have a bully boy on staff with complaints than a dog has fleas and they still keep them . Clean your own house and keep good men like this guy then we'll all get along .

Thanks
    Absolutely correct. I'm typically a big supporter of LEOs. There's no doubt that they are doing a tough job that I don't want. However, honest cops absolutely, unequivocally MUST stop circling the wagons around criminal cops like this guy.

In case you're not going to watch the video, Sacramento police have a man at gunpoint who they believe has a warrant for his arrest. Spoiler, they don't. The suspect is compliant, standing still with his hands on top of his head. The cop in the white hat first shoots him him with a taser. That obviously doesn't have much effect, so the same cop takes a running start and gives the innocent, compliant man a flying kick in the back. This sends him jerking forward, which the other cop takes as trying to run, which draws an additional violent takedown. After they find out that they have the wrong man, they STILL arrest him for Resisting Arrest.

Yes, I'm aware that we don't see much before the tasing, and little afterwards because the other responding officers feel that it is their duty to shield and protect their comrade from that most dangerous weapon, a camera. In my opinion, this public servant is more of a public disgrace, and should not only be relieved of duty, but also charged with Abuse of Power and Assault. He should also be barred from ever being a cop again.

I can only imagine how it would have turned out if it wasn't on video.

Thanks
    Although it's not confirmed yet, it looks like Officer Anderson was fired for making and releasing the video, proving that his department is on the wrong side of Constitution.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,759 Posts
    That sucks, but I wondered if that would not happen.

In an Undisclosed Remote Location in the tropical South East
    Thanks
    Yep, posting something while you're in uniform and in your patrol vehicle is just inviting repercussions. While I agree with his position I am not at all shocked that they're coming after him as he most likely has violated department policy.
    Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    Yep, posting something while you're in uniform and in your patrol vehicle is just inviting repercussions. While I agree with his position I am not at all shocked that they're coming after him as he most likely has violated department policy.
    Exactly. That policy is extremely commonplace. Its the only way a company can maintain the information that is shared with others.

In an Undisclosed Remote Location in the tropical South East
    Thanks
    An officer is also considered to have a "Veil of authority " which gives his statements the appearance of an official position. If they want to make a public statement you can't use any reference or indication of your position or make or imply any connection to the Department.
    Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit