Long time lurker in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time lurker in Michigan

After beginning my 4th or 5th re-read of the complete series, I thought it might be finally time to become an active member of the community.

I loved reading the books on Kindle, and now have all of the books on Audible. It makes it much easier to enjoy the series while getting other things done.

One thing the COVID crisis has done is make everyone more aware of the prepping community. You see how fast the WHO, CDC, FEMA, and other government agencies took advantage of the virus to push dependency on Uncle Sugar? It's time to take my preps a lot further. I can't count on keeping my job with everything shut down like this for long. My goal is to be as independent as possible in times like this.

Ok, now I can take my tin-foil off and sincerely thank A. American for such a great series. It has provided hundreds of hours of education and entertainment.

Originally posted by ProEJockey View Post
    Ok, now I can take my tin-foil off
    With all due respect...
    It might be tin-foil if you start speculating on the WHY around this... but the need to prepare is NOT tin-foil (source: 1 Timothy 5:8). And i wouldn't call it "prepping", I would call it prudently taking out an insurance policy against my responsibility to provide.

On a different note, one of my favorite parts in this book series is when Sarge quotes Ezekiel 25:17.

Comment

Revelation 16:1 might be more appropriate
      [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Oh yeah, don’t get me wrong. Prepping is just prudent. The “why” is what is giving me a lot more urgency right now. Luckily, our current crisis has finally got my wife to buy in to the lifestyle. I’m very thankful for that.

Re: Ezekiel 25:17 I just heard that last night re-listening to book 3. Love that quote!

Comment

Welcome , yes this got my wife in gear to and every time Gov. Witless opens her mouth the wife digs deeper lol . Hi from the Saginaw area , prep on .

Comment

Welcome to the mania from NE Texas!

Comment

Welcome from the desert southwest of south-central New Mexico. We're glad you're here. Please look around and feel free to resurrect any of the older threads, or start new ones.
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by airdrop View Post
                Hi from the Saginaw area , prep on .
                Beautiful area! I love the Bay. I’d fit right in, in the thumb area.

I’m in the very SW corner of the mitten. Super rural and close to the lake. Social distancing is definitely not a problem here, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by ProEJockey View Post
                  Beautiful area! I love the Bay. I’d fit right in, in the thumb area.

I’m in the very SW corner of the mitten. Super rural and close to the lake. Social distancing is definitely not a problem here, haha.
                  many moons ago I was stationed up at the radar site in Port Austin , loved it there , nice drive down M25 to bay city lol

Comment

Working...
                  X