Greetin's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetin's

I suppose it's time that I step in and make some comments. I've read six of the original series books, the first three a number of times. I also have read all the Patriots series book (sorry...) and the Lights Out story by Half Fast, as well as a few others of the standard fare. I've been aware of the failure of the US for as long as I've been alive, due to my parents' political involvement and interests. I've been prepping for a few years now, as best as an apartment liver can, which isn't so bad in my own case.

I like to show folks this useful image to explain what prepping is all about. First, we should know why we're prepping. Once we know that, we can then know how to go about doing it, with the what we do being the result. It's best to know why you're doing things, as it keeps you from doing them wrong, and helps keep you from getting the wrong things.

Those are my thoughts, anyway.
    Prepping Target.jpg

Welcome aboard, we're glad you're here. Please don't take the following comments as an attack on your ideas, just my thoughts.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the target.
    My only thoughts on the Prepper Target is that although it sounds good, the problem I see is that we really never know what's coming at us. 6 months ago, virtually no one thought that they would be in a quarantined lockdown of most of the world for 2 months (or more). So ic our first criteria is WHAT are we prepping for, we may be too focused and not prepared for anything other than that specific event.

Edit: I just went back and re-read your target, and I did misread it the first go-round. I was thinking that WHAT was in the center. Sorry!
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Been gone for a while. Life got too busy. Wife passed last fall - it was a blessing. Happened to catch the page again and will be contributing as I can.
      Still prepping. With the virus - my daughter suddenly thought prepping made sense and is making some preps. Will be expanding the garden this summer and have some chickens on order. Starting expanding the pantry mid-February and have been self quarantined for 5 weeks now, (retired).
      Stay safe and well Y'all.
      Jst

Comment

Welcome back Jst. I am sorry for your loss, but certainly understand that "blessing" part. Thanks for rejoining us.
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
        X