No announcement yet.

COVID 19 and your plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Dem Governor issued the order for tomorrow at noon , we're trying to stay in anyway but the small business guys will hurt for sure , I got one son in law working at home , the other builds cabinets for homes don't now how he'll handle that .

Comment

And my friends, please don't do this...

Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus

The man and his wife thought the ingredient, used to treat sick fish, could prevent the disease.
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

But why do we need the fda, doctors and scripts? I know it all, I read it on the internet!

If a little is good, more is better.

Comment

Several states that issued the order allowed for family groups that reside at an single residence to go together, but it kind of defeats the purpose really. Just send one person to do an errand.

Comment

I would like to stay home for a couple weeks, fortunately I am considered an essential career. I think some of the places I pick up in Manhattan will shutter in the next week or so sense they now have their first case as of Fri. So far out the dozen or so cities I run so far only have one case. Where we live are up to 4 at the moment but that is going to rise because one of them has proved to be from community spread. Times are really stupid at the moment.

RD
            Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Just checking in here guys. This are about the same here in PA. Governor first shut down all non-essential businesses. Then several days later he shut down all non-life sustaining businesses. We somehow got an exemption and are still open. I guess it's all in who you know.

The kids have been off school now for about 2 weeks. They are staying at home with the wife, who is a stay-at-home mom. So while I'm glad that I am still working and bringing home a paycheck, I pray everyday I don't being something home to them. The only way they are going to get sick is from me. They don't go out or interact with other people. But, gotta do what I gotta do.

Stores were cleaned out initially. I saw it coming and grabbed a few last minute things we needed. Milk, eggs, etc. That held us for about 1.5 weeks. We can go much longer, but it's nice for the kids to have milk and OJ and things. So I stopped a couple days ago. Some things were still out. TP, eggs, etc. But most of what we needed was still there. Not as much selection as usual. And not a large stock, but we got most of what was on our short list.

All in all, except for the kids being home, not much change for us. Actually, it just seems like summer vacation for us. Most events are cancelled. So the kids are missing baseball and YMCA stuff. But they are outside climbing trees, playing in the mud, and enjoying themselves. After almost two weeks, my wife just heard for the first time that one of the kids was bored. It was a rainy day and she didn't know what to do. So after some suggestions, my 9 year old made some cupcakes from scratch. So overall, they are doing great.

In hind sight, I wish we were better prepared. But for our budget, we are doing pretty well. Even if I get laid off, we could go for months without leaving the house. Heck, we could even go without power for that long as well. So doing much better than 90% of Americans.

Comment

Zeff, good to hear from you.

Locally, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, beans, hamburger, and rice are at 0 on the shelves.

I found out through a client what is happening to the to. They work at Walmart and walmart allows seniors an hour to shop before the general public. They are wiping out (pun intended) the tp stocks before anyone else has a chance.

Comment

Zef, it is good to hear from you, and that you're all ok. I'm glad that you are fairly well stocked. We're the same here. Other than going a bit stir-crazy, we are ready to ride it out for awhile.
                  Keep your eyes open, and be safe and well.
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Always glad to hear that someone's preps are paying off. OORAH!
                    I have, once again, been deemed " essential personnel " so while I'm getting special duty pay I'm also in contact with A LOT of potential disease carriers everyday.
                    [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
                      Always glad to hear that someone's preps are paying off. OORAH!
                      I have, once again, been deemed " essential personnel " so while I'm getting special duty pay I'm also in contact with A LOT of potential disease carriers everyday.
                      Outlaw welcome to the "essential club" although I not getting special duty pay bump.

RD
                      Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

They shut Montana down as of tonight at midnight. 70ish cases in the whole state. WY has around 44 cases confirmed, but no tests available...so we have no idea. No shut down yet, but I keep hearing it's coming. Stores are out of a ton of stuff. Only 2 trucks / wk at our small grocery store, so you might find some things and not others. No big deal, unless you weren't prepared. I live alone and work alone in my office w/ only a few interruptions each day. It's really boring and lonely at home. Other than that, I'm doing fine. Wish I had internet at home so I could keep up w/ everyone better. Take Care.
                        Betty

Comment

Betty, good to hear from you. Several of the old crowd showing up. I can't remember what part of Montana you are in, but I am missing the highline about now. I have for a while, but this especially makes me wish I was back in the sweet grass hills.

Comment

So how about it, has anyone found holes yet? Things they wish they would have done differently?

I would have laid in som n95 masks and hand sanitizer. Some spray lysol as well.

Finances are going to be an issue as wintry to keep my business solvent.

Comment

We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at home with boiled shrimp, coleslaw, hushpuppies and cheesecake. Not quite what we had planned, but I guess it will have to do. I did give her a flower...
                              Jonquil.JPG

made from a piece of an old satellite dish.

Comment

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. fart, hopefully ya'll can have a make-up anniversary celebration after all this settles down.

As far as preps I would probably like to have had more hand sanitizer on hand but we have been improvising with a mild bleach solution. We have a limited supply of N95 but have not used any as of yet, we are in an area of very low infection currently (3 for our entire county) so we have just limited our outside contact and contact with high risk family members (we have a couple of nurses and a nurse practitioner) if things escalate we will get more aggressive in our prophylactic measures. Unfortunately we are both considered "essential" personnel so we have contact with coworkers each day and we don't know of or can we control their counter measures.

I'm still struggling with the whole "Essential Personnel" theory... the people who are non essential are sent home (with pay) and isolated from infection while people who are essential are exposed to infection every day. I guess the theory is when all us essential people are sick or dead those non essential folks will leave the safety of their isolation and give up those payments to stay home and do nothing to step up take the place of those they just seen get infected...or not.
                                [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Working...
                                X