Samuel Reynolds, RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Reynolds, RIP

Although neither Law Enforcement nor Military, 16 year old Samuel Reynolds of Arlington, Texas exhibited the qualities that earns him a place on our Wall.

Days after Samuel stopped a middle school bully from picking on others, that middle school bully shot and killed Samuel in the hallways of his apartment complex. R.I.P. Samuel, until Valhalla.

Defund the Media !!

Kids like this give me hope. Kids like the bully make me think there is none

Comment

This is one of the things that angers me schools and bullies , I bet this bully has a record but there he is still in school making life hell for others . He's not expelled or in therapy more than likely . Schools talk a big game but are gutless and now they have a young man that has been killed , shame on them if this is the case .

Comment

Ok, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a moment. I think that I've made it pretty clear where I stand on the issue.

Airdrop, or anyone else who wants to answer, how is what you're saying any different than the Red Flag laws that are passing in numerous states?
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Of course a bully has rights, too. He has the right to be punched in the nose by those he bullies, for example. That's the way we used to handle it when I was a kid.

Comment

And there's the rub, we don't allow our kids to find that inner strength to stand up for themselves anymore and if they do they're punished for it. Beating the snot out of someone that desperately deserves it is not grounds to punish a child IMHO
            [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Kick kids are killing themselves over being bullied and this little shit guns down the good guy , the school system in most all of these cases sucks .

Comment

I agree kids need to be allowed to sort this stuff out on the playground. I was the fat little kid that got his butt kicked regularly until I learned to say enough. It taught me a lot. It taught my nemesis a little when I finally lost my temper and had enough.

Part of the issue is zero tolerance. it really means zero intelligence. And zero backbone. the schools won't look at the reason for a fight nor who was in the right. They only see a fight and suspend everyone....unless you are the child of someone special. The kid who started the issue should be booted, but often they are even protected as they are "troubled." The kid who defended himself or another should be given a pat on the back. That requires intelligence and guts. Those are things lacking in today's school system.

Comment

I agree Red, I was always the new kid, never went to the same school more than 2 years in a row until high school. I got bullied regularly, at first I took it later I started to fight back but eventually I developed pretty good people skills so I could adapt to and even take charge in new situations. While it was an unpleasant time in my life it taught me well.

"Lessons learned hard are lessons learned well"

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

Comment

Air, I think kids killing themselves speaks to a larger issue than just bullying. the way we are raising kids is not giving g them the skills to deal with life. Rather than realize they can overcome, they quit. That is not a judgment of the child, but of the tools given to them. Something has changed in child rearing, and not for the better.

Kids killing each other speaks to the same issue. I never considered getting a gun and going to school with it. We were taught life was precious and how final that kind of act would be. We saw it on the farm, we saw it hunting, and we heard it in our churches. Now, life means little. Kids don't understand the finality of the action. I think some of it is entertainment whether gaming or television or movies. I think some of it is the lack of a moral upbringing, and much of it is that we continue to be further and further removed from the farm and hunting to see what death means.

Comment

We need to fix the like button

Comment

Working...
                      X