Going Home writing contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Home writing contest

I happened to go onto Facebook a little bit ago due to an in-laws request, and this came up. Though y'all should at least know about it. I won't be entering, but I do think that it's pretty shitty that they couldn't be bothered to let our crew know. Forgive the mess, I just took a couple of screenshots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	page1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	134677
    Click image for larger version

Name:	page2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	134678
    Defund the Media !!

So much for the big changes coming and increasing traffic here.

Comment

[I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

What the hell guys? You couldn't come to one of us direct? We have been up to our eyeballs in trying to get several projects taken care of at once and we overlooked one spot. It's pretty chickenshit you want to blast us instead of asking how you could help.

Tex
        = 2
        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

How, neither you or aa return PM's for quite some time now.

Heck, you don't even respond to the recent thread you started.

Comment

I will admit, I could have handled it differently, however, I opted to do what I did to make a point. That of this board, you know, www.angeryamerican.net , shouldn't have to read about an angeryamerican writing contest on Facebook. I get it, Tracebook has the numbers, but this board has been treated like a red-headed step child for quite a while now, with the occasional promise about how it's going to change soon.
            Sorry you're pissed about being called out for ignoring this board.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

I'm not ignoring anything. I am busy elsewhere and I'm working on my time for free. And you assholes have my damn phone number......
              = 2
              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

I've been working on a book for a couple of years. My best estimate for a completion date is 2024 though. It's about a clueless Hawaiian trying to find her way home when she gets stranded on the wrong island when everything goes south.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailani Kealoha View Post
                  I've been working on a book for a couple of years. My best estimate for a completion date is 2024 though. It's about a clueless Hawaiian trying to find her way home when she gets stranded on the wrong island when everything goes south.
                  That sounds interesting, make sure to let us know when you're ready. Or you *could* publish it online, say, one chapter at a time... That might even help motivate you to keep after it, with everyone clamoring Moar Buk!
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Sounds like it could be a plan. I want to know how that clueless Hawaiian is going to walk from one island to another. Bet she won't be building any campfires on the walk home!

I'm kinda thinking about a book also. Not sure I want to subject myself to the heartless critics in this bunch, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X