Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone changing anything in light of Iran/Iraq?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,759 Posts

Anyone changing anything in light of Iran/Iraq?

Exactly that, is anyone changing anything they are doing? I have to travel to Cincinnati this weekend with M and baby H, and I might be giving a little more thought to it than usual, but other that, I don't see anything to change at this time.

Thanks
    No changes for us. We are at our permanent bug-in site, so the world can fade into oblivion and we won't know about it unless we happen to turn on the news.

In an Undisclosed Remote Location in the tropical South East
    Thanks
    Same deal here olfart, well I might have bumped up my pistachio reserves....just in case.
    Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit

Thanks
    Thanked 14,504 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Does not losing the extra 10 lbs (well, 30 lbs would be better) count as a "prep"? Ya know, in case I need to live off the "fat of the land"?
    When oppression becomes law, resistance become duty.

Thanks
    I have decided to actively start working on diminishing that prep myself. Having the baby and 2 skinny women, it is hard. They dont see an issue, and it makes it tough.

Thanks
    Most folks would tell you it's just a matter of will power. NOT SO! It's a matter of WON'T power. I won't eat all that stuff she put on my plate. I won't sit and eat fried pies while watching TV at night. I won't have that bag of popcorn during the football game. You only have to ignore that the skinny women can eat anything they want, and take control over what you put in your mouth. Then get out of the house at every opportunity instead of sitting in front of the computer on Farcebook or some other site. Yeah, that's tough. But that's what it takes.

Now if only I could do all that...

Thanks
    My wife likes to cook, I like to eat. Bad combo. I stay active around here with all the chores. Never been one for "exercise" as such. I never learned how to work out and feel like a monkey effing the football in a gym. I know that I need it, but am really uncomfortable there.

Thanks
    Take up a hobby like blacksmithing. Good exercise while having fun doing it, not to mention it's a great skill to have when everything goes down the drain. I like being able to make my own tools... hammers, tongs, punches, chisels, knives, stuff for the wife, etc. Her favorite so far is the paper towel holder with 3 horse shoes as the base and a doubled and twisted 3/8" rod topped with a heart for the upright. It's stout enough that you don't yank it off the table when tearing off a paper towel.

New Towel Holder.jpg

Thanks
    Agree on the Blacksmithing, joins in with my knife making which does not include as much physical work
    Tripod.jpg
    punches and chisel.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 14,504 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Fire + steel = Blacksmithing

Blacksmithing + talent = Sharps

Sharps + kickstand = bad
    When oppression becomes law, resistance become duty.