Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone changing anything in light of Iran/Iraq?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,759 Posts
    Nice work. What do you use for a forge?

Thanks
    Nice tripod and tools, Darren. All you need now is a pot hanger so your pots don't try to tilt on the hooks.

Pot Hanger.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,759 Posts
    BTW, love the face nailed floors. Is it an old home or did you do that for a rustic look?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redman2006 View Post
    Nice work. What do you use for a forge?
    Was that addressed to me or to Darren? If to me, I have homebrew coal and gas forges. The coal forge is simply a steel plate table with an 8" square hole in the middle. In the hole is a slope-sided firepit 4" deep with a 2" air pipe in the bottom. I have a hand-cranked blower and can use an old hair dryer if I'm feeling lazy. The gas forge is made from a 20 pound propane tank with both ends cut out, lined with rigidized Kaowool and coated inside with ceramic refractory material. The burner is a "ribbon" or multi-port, naturally-aspirated burner. Here's a pic of the gas setup:

New Gasser.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Nice olfart, seeing that i can see a couple of designs in my head to do something similar with some bar stock instead of the horseshoe.
    Redman2006 older house but we kept face nailed boards here a lot longer than in the states, done a few on production house about 30 years back.
    Forges I run a gas venturi burner on LPG (Propane), small Coke forge that I'm looking to replace soon, have a new brake drum and body ready to go and i will swap over the fan from the other one, Also have an electric heat treat oven for my knives.
    Saying all of that i started with an old round picnic Grill with a hair dryer running into it would run charcoal if i got a chance to make it or direct burn timber chunks and would still get to non magnetic to Heat treat knives.