Ideas ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas ???

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, we have some very major changes coming. This board will be used to draw in the Facebook audience. We will be copy and pasting things from here with an accompanying link to our FB pages. The main page on the forum will be getting a facelift with several sections being totally removed and other getting merged. This will be all about the Angery American brand, promoting our writers and sharing skills and knowledge related to survival and preparedness.

With that in mind, what sections do you think need to go?
    What Sections and Sub-Sections would you like to see?

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Honestly, most, if not all, of the current various individual author sections are, hmm, how to put it... I don't know how to say what I'm thinking. My issue is that these authors would show up here for a week or two at most, promote their books, then disappear, never to be heard from again.

Many of us really don't do Facebook. I know that FB is where the numbers are, I get it, but I'd like to see the discussions here rather on FB.

The other thing that I would prefer to see changed is that our weapons section be in the Dark Side as opposed to the more open area.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Yep, what Kick says.

Might put a few making-do threads, primitive bows, fletching, the 'break stuff, make stuff' thread, etc, under a crafting part of bushcrafting.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Well tan my hide, I just went to the forum home page and see that the various authors pages have already been removed. Not sure when that happened.

A different suggestion: in the Going Home Series section, I would combine all of the book subforums into a single forum. Not a big deal, it just seems lolike ovekill. I don't even think that the last 3 books are listed.
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

What Kick said, you might also look into MEWE which is a new facebook rival. I like it because there isn't any tracking or targeting and most of all No censoring.

RD
          Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

No FB for this guy. I'm not usually one to generate original content but I very much enjoy participating in discussions.
            [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Kick, your suggestions have already been a huge topic of discussion. We will be promoting only AA and the writers working under the Angery American Publishing banner. We are working on this brand. PERIOD. Anyone who wants space on this page will be working to promote this outfit. We aren't giving up valuable real estate so it can be used to peddle everyone else. I've been riding the ass of a certain author ( I won't mention any names) about that very thing. He even said something about me being an A**#@!&. HaHa.

We are planning to encourage to write good informative posts that can be used as blog articles. There will be some incentives involved in this. The main page is getting an overhaul and there is going to be some new apps and widgets added. If you can think of some prepper/survival apps you would like to see included, let us know. I'm going to be working with a web guy to get this all upgraded. The Firearms Section will be under the new banner of, "DEERHOUND ARMORY". It will likely remain in the public section, but there is going to be some additions and mergers. We are also planning on using the posts here to draw in the crowd from other social media platforms. There is A LOT of changes coming.

Tex
              = 2
              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Tex, thanks for the update, and a big Thank You to whoever thought up the idea of naming the section after our old friend DH. January fifth is coming soon.
                May I ask why the armory will still be public? It is my opinion that folks would be far more likely to post there if it was under a bit more security as opposed to being open to any bot that comes along.
                I can't say that I really have / use any apps specifically for prepping, maybe I should be. One app that I do use along the lines of safety is called Cargo Decoder. It's for when you are driving and see that diamond shaped placard on the back of a tanker, it will help you figure out if you should slow down or get on by and away from it.

I just had a thought (scary, I know). What are your thoughts on having a Hobbies section? In my mind, it wouldn't need to be a prepping related hobby, just there for folks to share their pastimes. I know that a lot of that used to be done in the Everyday Stuff, but it might make it easier to locate.
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

One issue is all of the little sections in each sub forum. It makes finding the correct area to post difficult. I usually end up just dropping a new post in the general area rather than trying to hunt for the more specific subforum. It may just be me, because I got used to the Delphi style forums which seem more user friendly.

As to apps, strelock shooting app is a good one, but there are several balistics calculators that are out there that work well.

Comment

I use Daff Moon for Astronomy reference, moon phase, rise set, etc. It also tracks sun and planet locations. I use it for planning night hunts, camping trips and such where moonlight or a lack of is important.
                    [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Working...
                    X