X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gday From Australia

Gday all,
    I'm an Aussie lad.
    Hobbist Knife maker, Blacksmith and Sheep herder.
    Carpenter by trade but currently stuck in an office.
    Darren

Welcome to the insanity from a Texas neighbor who's also an artist blacksmith and occasional blade maker.

Comment

Hi Darren, and welcome from New Mexico, USA, to our little corner of the internet. We have one or two other Aussies here, but we haven't heard from them in awhile. I like your hobbies, but am told that I'm not allowed around sharp objects anymore. <g>
      Have you read the entire series? Do you keep a GHB in your vehicle? How far is "work" from "Home"? We may have some firearms related questions to ask, if you are willing to discuss that aspect.
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
          Hi Darren, and welcome from New Mexico, USA, to our little corner of the internet. We have one or two other Aussies here, but we haven't heard from them in awhile. I like your hobbies, but am told that I'm not allowed around sharp objects anymore. <g>
          Have you read the entire series? Do you keep a GHB in your vehicle? How far is "work" from "Home"? We may have some firearms related questions to ask, if you are willing to discuss that aspect.
          Hey Kickstand,
          The actual laws are can not carry a knife without reasonable use requirement, and the police are the ones that determine what is reasonable, Hunting knives for hunting not normally an issue as you need to have a firearms license for a gun or dangerous weapons permit for bow. Walking down the street different story, a pen knife can get you in trouble but generally only if you look like trouble. It is not illegal to own most knives but there are exceptions double bladed, mechanically assisted opening, and Zombie styled knives are some no goes. Generally most the knives I make are kitchen but there is the odd hunter as well.
          Jodi's Knife.jpg
          Regina's Knife.jpg
          Yup read the whole series, plus most of Charlie's Requiem as well.
          GHB as such no but enough gear to get me there yes.
          Work to home is only about 5 miles for me.
          Happy for any questions to be asked at all.

Comment

I just recently learned that in the UK, people are required to buy a "TV License" if they have a television set. Does Australia do that as well?
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Nice knives. Damn. You are permitted to death!

- - - Updated - - -

Really kick? You are pulling our leg, right?

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
                Really kick? You are pulling our leg, right?

Hey, it's not all bad news. Licenses for blind folks are only 1/2 price.
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

No kick, TVs you can watch all you want helps to keep the sheeple educated correctly

Comment

Originally posted by AussieDarren View Post
                    No kick, TVs you can watch all you want helps to keep the sheeple educated correctly
                    yes sir got to keep the sheeple brains dull and witless . Oh by the way very nice work on the knives .

Comment

Dead right and Thank you, I do try to make a quality knife, that last one was for a friend over in the States.

Comment

G'day to ya. Do any off-roading, hiking, or camping, or does forging take up your hobby time?
                        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                          G'day to ya. Do any off-roading, hiking, or camping, or does forging take up your hobby time?
                          Most of my non metal working hobby time tends to be, Sheep herding and Truffle hunting with my dogs. Back in my younger days boy scout and hunting so plenty of time spent in the great outdoors. Herding generally still means a night or 2 in the swag under the stars.

Comment

Working...
                          X