Thread: CME

Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 Times in 1,379 Posts

CME

As usual I did a check in to my youtube page that followed sun activity and a warning flashed . CME just erupted we have 30 hours to impact , dam I thought better get with it . I grabbed my pistol and a wad of cash with my list for last minute extras and out the door I went . I hooked up the trailer with more gas cans and headed out . I set a timer at 25 hours to make sure all was ready by zero hour . I turned on the radio and there was no report as of yet , I wondered when they would tell people or if they would . I hit the gas station first and had a few questions on why so many cans , well I said it's time to work the tractor doing the fields for planting , OPSEC . I ran the credit card and will do that everywhere until cash only kicks in . I ran into the gun shop to top off a few rounds , told Chris it was time and he started closing up to make his own plans . At that point I called a couple of buddies an told them then it was back to business . Sam's club was next for that last ton of grub , as I pulled in the radio fired up with that alert , as I ran in an got to it I wondered how much time before the crowd showed up . As I walked the first load out to the truck a few cars came flying into the lot , it seems some got it figured out . I was checked out on the second load when it looked like Black Friday so I moved on . I made it home an started unloading , the wife came out to help and said whats left on the list . I told her I think a visit to NAPA for a few parts and top off on oil and filters , I had burn out parts replacements for the vehicle's in a cage but better safe than sorry . Later we watched the TV to see what was happening , the president made a nice speech but was mostly bull . As people got the word and were heading for supplies it was hour 18 and most of the stores were already limited an it was a mess . At hour 25 there were gun fights with gangs moving in to grab all they could , police were overwhelmed by this time . I had locked the gate hours ago with a sign stating the road was to a toxic dump . The camera's around the property were working good an glad I made that investment . As zero hour arrived the TV and power went dead , it was lights out . I'd wait a couple of days before using any back up power to operate the radios . At night we watched the northern lights as a sign for the blast weakening . I keep a watch on the gate and road for foot traffic an it was a sad sight to see . In a week the traffic was way down , the sign on the gate worked so far .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to airdrop For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Have you started a war I haven't heard about yet?

Oh, I see... in the Fiction/Story section. Well, I guess you're off to a running start.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olfart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I asked him how his trip was , well he said a real eye opener and thanks to you I'm here to be able to talk about it . I nodded an he said it was a mess out there for awhile , it's settled down but you have to watch your step in some places . It took me awhile to map out how I was going to get here , I have a few people that are willing to form up a group to start some farming and learning the ropes . I know we talked about it a little but had to see how you felt and if you needed us around to help you . I looked and smiled at him an said been waiting for you lol .
    I had to know more about how things were out there and if it was the right time , didn't want to telegraph our location to soon . He said it had been hard to stay out of the fray and keep a low profile as things got worse . It was crazy bad and the Government couldn't handle it at all , haven't seen them in some time . Small groups had formed up but things are strand , this CME had knocked the country back on it's heels . A lot of the population has died but if we don't start working on the plan we'll join them .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to airdrop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,538 Times in 4,287 Posts
    Like olfart, I was about half way through the first post before I realized that it was in the Fiction section. My thoughts prior to that were that airdrop had gone over the edge.
    Drinking from the skull of your enemy is more eco-friendly than plastic cups.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kickstand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    If I ever come in this forum and say this is not a drill , take heed , LOL but for now it's just for fun . By the way if a CME does erupt it'll take about 30 hours for it to get here , might be just enough time to top off and batten down .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to airdrop For This Useful Post: