Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing Degree Days

http://www.greencastonline.com/growing-degree-days/home Also what it means

Growing days that are needed for your garden to grow , this will be an issue and was for a lot of folks this year as spring come late and fall comes early .

more info of this subject https://www.google.com/search?client...ys+for+tomatos

http://iceagefarmer.com/gdd/?zip information by Zip code comparing last year to this year , this year I'm down to 78% this is not good and our garden is showing it .
    Last edited by airdrop; 09-04-2019, 08:37 AM.

My growing season is actually longer this year
    [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
      My growing season is actually longer this year
      I'm wondering if it's which side of the jet streams you are , north cooler - south warmer . Here we're selling tomato's and some of our customers are buying because theirs didn't do so well . We put in a little over 100 plants an still not sure just how much we'll get .
      Last edited by airdrop; 09-05-2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Interesting. Mine went down by about 4 percent, my family in kansas is down by 15%. I wish I could compare other years and see long term data comparisons

Comment

It says that we're down by roughly 10%.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

With all the late season flooding and cooler start we are down at least 50%. Peppers are just now getting ready. Been a lousy year all around.
            If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Here in Michigan it's down 22% , we put in a lot so even with plants down we can still sell but I wonder about next year . Planting more to help make up for losses might be the way to go ?????

Comment

Planting varieties with faster maturation rates would help more I would think

Comment

Update on effects this year , We have been looking for faster maturation rates for 3 years an I think it pays off and very much this year . Right now tomato's are ripening slow ????

Comment

Hmm, it dropped by a little under 6% in Hawai'i. I've never really noticed any shorter growing seasons in the past. I'd be curious to see historical data going back further than last year.

Comment

What I have noticed, and it may just by my impression, not reality, is that the growing season is shifting. It seems like it is staying hot later in the year but staying cooler later in the spring as well.

Comment

I haven't seen the seasons shifting personally but it sure does seem like spring and fall keep getting shorter. It seems like it takes maybe a month to switch over now. It's a shame because I love fall so much.

Comment

I didn't get my garden in late by at least a month, it is still producing tomatoes and peppers. The yield is down some, but the tomatoes sure are tastey this year.

RD
                          Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Working...
                          X