Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving

We are moving to a new home with some acreage. It is time, really past time. I dread a mortgage, but this is just necessary. Only 22 acres, but we are going to try to make a productive farm of it. Between timber, goats, dairy goats, hogs, chickens and eggs, etc. we should be able to satisfy the government for tax purposes. We are most excited about the little 1/4 pond and a couple of active springs.

In north Georgia, 22 acres will make a nice hobby farm.

The house is another fixer upper. We could not afford to do it otherwise. I have been spending nights and weekends scraping wallpaper, fixing plumbing and electric issues, dealing with mold(through a professional service), cutting downed trees, evicting snakes, and so on.

Congrats my brother. But you know that now you're probably going to have to buy a new mower, right?

If I were closer, I'd offer to help move.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Good luck Redman. I hope it works out the way you want it to.

Comment

Congrats, but I don't envy you the move. Wife says if we ever move again, she's burning everything in the front yard and starting from scratch at the new place. Can't say I blame her.

Comment

I'm with her olfart, if I ever move again I might do the same thing. Still don't have everything unpacked or organized since we moved 4 years ago.

Comment

Spent about 9 hours at the house scraping wallpaper. Cursed be the person that hangs paper without prepping the wall first!

Comment

I understand the excitement, would do it the same way if I could.

Drove past a few for-sale signs that had me almost drooling, 20.xx acres, and 22.xx, respectively.

Sadly, both even closer to Austin than I already am, and in the path of urban growth.
              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Congrats!! My husband and I are putting together a plan to move within the next 5 years or so, out of the city and into the country where we can farm, etc. Maybe when we get to the point of buying I'll hit y'all up so I know who to move next to in case SHTF. hahaha

Comment

I wish that I could find a few folks locally that were of a like mind. Most of will be trying to steal rather than help

Comment

I know the feeling red, most of my neighbors are good folks that will most likely work together when SHTF but there are a few that are on the "Shoot on Sight" list when things go bad.
                    [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Working...
                    X