No announcement yet.

Welding on my mower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would really like a zero turn next go. The good ones are out of my budget. If I can hold out another year, I will probably do that and buy it through the clinic. I can pay it off in two years by mowing the clinic myself. What the heck, I already live there, what is another couple hours a week?

Which husqvarna did you get? They bought dixon, which used to be a strong brand, but then they discontinued it. The only local full service dealers here are Deere and Kubota. Otherwise you have big box stores with Cubcadet, Bad Boyz, Toro, Craftsman, Hustler, and Husqvarna. There is a full service tractor shop that sells Bad Boyz, but after my experience with them on tractor repair, I won't set foot back in their place. Liars and conmen. Anyone in North Georgia, avoid Goss Tractor like a whore with herpes.

Comment

Get a brand new one, void all the warranties by mad-maxing the crap out of it with your new welding skills.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Did you get it figured out, Redman?

Tex
        = 2
        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Hey Tex, long time no see. I hope all is well.

Yep. It is back together and running as well as a 13 year old mower can. It took me a while to get the settings right, but the 6013 seemed to do the best. Maybe someday I will get a mig welder, but for now this little cheap Hobart does the trick.

Comment

I got the YT48DXLS. More than I wanted to spend, but thats always the case. I'm still looking for a new deck shell for the old one. It never hurts to have a back up.

See it here

Comment

Working...
            X