Opinions on this as a bug out bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on this as a bug out bag?

It's something I've had for awhile. I'm open for honest opinions and look forward to having discourse about it.

1JrqEGk.jpg

My thought process is that I didn't want anything that looked too 'military' or might make me a target by people. I got it for $12 at a pawn shop and it's solidly built, dull enough colors to blend in even if it's not camo.

What do you guys thing?

edit: Random packet of soy sauce on the ground in my apartment notwithstanding, I guess.

Edit: "Soy packet for scale. "

In reality, any bag that carries what you want it to, and is comfortable for you to hump with, is a good bag, as long as it's not neon pink or something similar.
    I know that a lot of people don't want any kind of bag that looks "Military", due to being targeted. It is my OPINION that is a crock of crap. If someone is willing to target someone who may be a well trained warrior due to their bag, they will have even less of a hesitation to target someone with a civilian style bag.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

I think the idea that camo will make you more of a target is a myth. If someone that is starving and has nothing, sees you with ANY kind of pack, you will be a target. The idea that a "normal" looking pack won't have anything in it but school books is nuts. If the SHTF and you have ANYTHING, that will be a target for someone that has nothing. If you are going to carry a pack, then you best have a means to defend that pack, available instantly. If you think that the animals that would kill you for a pair of Air Jordans will leave you alone because you have a "normal" looking pack is in my opinion, utter foolishness. As for the pack itself, if it works for you and will carry the stuff that you need, it's great.

Comment

I have wondered about the camo theory. I would think the opposite. Dude is in shape, squared away, has a military looking pack, need to find an easier target. May have been military, may kick my ass.

Comment

/\ This.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Thugs tend to run in packs. One “Maybe Vet” won’t scare them any more than any other victim.

Comment

A liberal application of instantly applied deadly force will likely be required.

Comment

And now I think that we can say that we can see both sides, and so will the thugs. In other words, what may deter one MZB may attract another.
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

Thanks for the opinions, guys. A friend of mine and I have done extensive discussion on having a 'camo' or 'tacticool' setup. While it did feed into me buying the bag slightly, it was mostly a quality backpack that I found for cheap in a pawn shop.

I appreciate all the feedback, hopefully it will do whatever I need it to do for me if the time ever comes.

Comment

I have an old kelty supercirque. It is an 80's frame pack. I loved it, butnwore out straps and the belt. Being so old, I could not find replacements. If that kelty is in good shape, it will carry a fair bit pretty comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
                      I have an old kelty supercirque. It is an 80's frame pack. I loved it, butnwore out straps and the belt. Being so old, I could not find replacements. If that kelty is in good shape, it will carry a fair bit pretty comfortably.
                      I like this one. I have a bad back and the frame really helps with that. It doesn't hold as much as I thought it should, but that's just a good feature for keeping me from carrying a bunch of crap I don't need.

A lot of people tell me I have too much stuff as it is, but the way I've always figured it if I was ever in a real SHTF situation, I can tough it out until I get a quiet moment and then dump some stuff and make a cache.

Would this be the proper place to show what gear I carry with me? I'd love to get opinions on it.

Comment

I always like good suggestions.

Comment

You are more than welcome to show it here, but please do remember that this is in the open side of the board, so anyone, member, nonmember, spider bot, etc., can see it. If that doesn't bother you, go for it. If you'd prefer a little more security, you might consider putting it in a Dark Side members only area. Just a thought.
                          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                            You are more than welcome to show it here, but please do remember that this is in the open side of the board, so anyone, member, nonmember, spider bot, etc., can see it. If that doesn't bother you, go for it. If you'd prefer a little more security, you might consider putting it in a Dark Side members only area. Just a thought.
                            I wasn't going to show any of the firearms.

Comment

What?! We're allowed firearms?!?! Sure wish that I had one or two.
                              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                              X