Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a criticism of the Going Home series (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They probably didn't want to fight the stench of the house to go back in for the radio gear. That would have been a pretty powerful motivator for me. Just burn it and get rid of the smell.

Comment

I believe that Morgan was prepared for what happened. He obviously had been prepping for some time.

Also, part of my husband and my prepping is talking to our neighbors and others we know to see who might have assets (physical or food or etc) if we ever needed help. We know our neighbors pretty well and we know which ones can easily help us in some way. We know our own assets and values and how we can trade and barter for those things we may need. I think Morgan has done this too and that's why things comes easier to him.

I love the series and despite things mostly going his way, I learn a lot even though I know the story is fictional. This is coming from someone who never prepped before even reading the first book. It's the first book that got me thinking about that stuff.

Comment

Survivalist, I understand where you’re coming from on this. And I respect the opinions you have expressed.
        But I must disagree.
        To say Morgan never wanted for anything and experienced no hardships is simply not true.
        I will offer some examples.
        1) The first hardship would be having to walk 250 miles to get home to your family. It’s easy to talk about. But walking 250 miles with just what you can carry to sustain you, not an easy thing to do.
        2) Having to take a human life (3 times in the first few days)
        3) Being shot in the head by friendly fire while trying to escape the group from the night before.
        4) having their gas stolen after dropping Jess off and having to get it back.
        5) once home having to “deal” with Pat and her crew.
        6) having his daughter,Regie and himself shot during the cookout.
        7) having to flee his home with his family to the cabins on the river.
        8) Regie shot and killed
        9) ran out of toilet paper. Had to use rags
        10) no running water at the cabins
        11) DHS destroyed his home
        12) started running low on food. Had to scavenge through abandoned homes for food left behind.
        13) had to fight a wildfire that threatened to burn their homes.
        14) Jeff is killed
        15)another daughter is blown up when the bomb goes off.
        16)men try to abduct his daughters
        17) Morgan is shot a third time
        18) Bobbie is killed
        19) has to help in the final attack on DHS with his daughter by his side.
        20) No AC.
        Florida summers are brutal!

I didn’t list everything, just those off the top of my head. And I would definitely consider those hardships and wanting for things.
        Last edited by gpwelding1; 07-20-2019, 11:13 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

And it's mentioned that prior to the event, money spent on preps meant not spending on vacations, cruises, toys, fancy evenings out, etc.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by gpwelding1 View Post
            Survivalist, I understand where you’re coming from on this. And I respect the opinions you have expressed.
            But I must disagree.
            To say Morgan never wanted for anything and experienced no hardships is simply not true.
            I will offer some examples.
            1) The first hardship would be having to walk 250 miles to get home to your family. It’s easy to talk about. But walking 250 miles with just what you can carry to sustain you, not an easy thing to do.
            2) Having to take a human life (3 times in the first few days)
            3) Being shot in the head by friendly fire while trying to escape the group from the night before.
            4) having their gas stolen after dropping Jess off and having to get it back.
            5) once home having to “deal” with Pat and her crew.
            6) having his daughter,Regie and himself shot during the cookout.
            7) having to flee his home with his family to the cabins on the river.
            8) Regie shot and killed
            9) ran out of toilet paper. Had to use rags
            10) no running water at the cabins
            11) DHS destroyed his home
            12) started running low on food. Had to scavenge through abandoned homes for food left behind.
            13) had to fight a wildfire that threatened to burn their homes.
            14) Jeff is killed
            15)another daughter is blown up when the bomb goes off.
            16)men try to abduct his daughters
            17) Morgan is shot a third time
            18) Bobbie is killed
            19) has to help in the final attack on DHS with his daughter by his side.
            20) No AC.
            Florida summers are brutal!

I didn’t list everything, just those off the top of my head. And I would definitely consider those hardships and wanting for things.
            don't forget almost running out of sweet tea!
            According to my watch the time is now
            Past is dead and gone
            Don't try to shake it just nod your head
            Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Working...
            X