Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a criticism of the Going Home series (Spoilers)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,289 Times in 1,705 Posts
    A couple of things I see. First, as I understand it, if the solar system was all disconnected, and I think it was, there may not have been enough of an antenna effect to damage it.

As to the ham station, again, if not connected to an antenna or ground during the event, they may survive according to my tiny bit of understanding. According to a court of guys locally, it is good practice to disconnect the radios when not in use. They said most people don't, but it is a good practice. Does it say specifically they burned the ham equipment?

I agree Morgan came through a lot unscathed, but you can't tell a story if the person telling it is dead.

Personally, I liked Deep Winter, but his family had the same sort of luck. An ex CIA trained agent running a landscapd business and being prepared with all of what he had? One Second After, another wonderful book, but the main character had similar, if not more realistic, luck to survive.

It is all a story line, entertainment.
    Last edited by redman2006; 02-10-2019 at 09:46 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to redman2006 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,321 Times in 4,187 Posts
    Like Redman, I really enjoyed the Deep Winter series, however, I enjoyed the first book far more than the rest of them. I forget what the name of the zombie-mind-control food additive was called, but that's kind of how I see High Fructose Corn Syrup. You REALLY have to work at it to get away from that stuff.
    I'm so awesome that my doctor gave me a special jacket so that I can hug myself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redman2006 View Post
    Does it say specifically they burned the ham equipment?
    Well, they burn the guy's trailer and never mention his HAM equipment ever again. So I'm assuming so....

Quote Originally Posted by redman2006 View Post
    I agree Morgan came through a lot unscathed, but you can't tell a story if the person telling it is dead.
    There's a difference between coming through unscathed and Morgan probably eating better AFTER the apocalypse than he ever did before it. Seriously the guy probably gained 20 pounds by the time the tenth book was done with as many feasts and BBQs he attended.