Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I joined on behalf of my husband who loves all post apocalyptic books especially EMP related. He was in a catastrophic automobile accident and lost his eye sight, so he listens to books. Obviously, I will be reading the posts to this forum to him.

Hello! Be sure to tell him that we are either axe murderers or paste-eaters, and find some posts here and there to back it up.

And then check out the topics that might interest you, too.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Hello, and welcome from south central New Mexico. Please feel free to look around, there's quite a bit of content throughout the site. Has he listened to the Deep Winter series, and Lights Out? I know that a lot of preppers swear by One Second After, but to be honest, I wasn't that impressed by it.
      Has he listened to all 10 books in this series? I take it that you are not a big fan of the genre?
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
        Hello! Be sure to tell him that we are either axe murderers or paste-eaters, and find some posts here and there to back it up.

And then check out the topics that might interest you, too.
        Now wait just a dingdong minute here! I've never murdered an ax(e), but I may have dulled one or two. I may have eaten some library paste a hundred years ago or so, but it was mint-flavored, and that's no reason to lump me in with the other degenerates here.

In spite of all that, welcome, tjn and hubby, from northeast Texas!

Comment

^
          l

Crayon eater
          [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Will do!

Comment

I just purchased the first book in this series for him, and he is listening to it right now. I will check out the other series you suggested.
              He lost his sight in an auto accident. He was in the hospital for almost 8 months. I read TW Brown’s zombie books to him during the months of hospitalization while he was waiting for the bones in his legs, feet and pelvis to heal well enough to learn to walk again. Post apocalyptic books followed and those we get from the National Library Service for the Blind and Audible. I also listen to the genre, but enjoy other genres also.
              Thank you for the recommendations!

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

You had my husband howling with laughter! Thank you!

Comment

If he's laughing after hearing some our product reviews, let us know! (We don't do sponsored reviews around here. Not even professional. Sometimes barely literate.)

We have some good threads on starting fires, recipes, weapons, jokes, and some of us get into some martial arts as well - great for exercise and self defense. I like tai chi, and recommend it if he's medically cleared for more activity than he gets. It can be interesting to watch a display of something, and then find out the demonstrator is blind. May not be his cup of tea, whatever.

You're certainly welcome to assign him some kind of handle to differentiate him from any other persons you could mention in passing. That way, when he makes a comment that you want to share here, you can quickly say if it's all on him!
                  quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                  X