farm stats coming in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• farm stats coming in

The world farm stats looking bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeXyACg6ZGc , grow your own to help off set prices .

Grow something, anything, that you & your family will use. It will save you some money to use for things that don't grow where you are.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Last year was the first time we have not had a garden. Never again. The prices on produce are asinine.

Comment

I'm not much of a gardener but I am really going to have to learn to be better at it. My issues with the local produce is that not only are prices high but the stuff goes bad so quickly. I've had tomatoes that looked fine in my cart only last a day once they made it home. Too much time in a truck or on the shelf?

Comment

Most commercially grown tomatoes are picked green and chemically ripened before delivering. Many of the big farms around here will have gleaners sales after they pick the green tomatoes and for a few bucks you can pick all the left over tomatoes that got ripe on the vine.
          [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

do you have u-pick or a farmer's market? That is much better than chain stores

Comment

This was the first year in over 18 yrs I didn't have a garden going. Kind of let every day demands get in the way, I will correct that in the spring. The damn weeds that took over the three planting beds will have to be burnt off sometime this winter to start prepping it tho.

RD
              Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

LOL, check which ones are edible, sit outside with a pot of clean, lightly salted, rinse water. Swish a few leaves, see if you like any of them.

Freak out the neighbors - bonus!

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
                  This was the first year in over 18 yrs I didn't have a garden going. Kind of let every day demands get in the way, I will correct that in the spring. The damn weeds that took over the three planting beds will have to be burnt off sometime this winter to start prepping it tho.

RD
                  Just as long as it's not goatheads or a similar sticker weed. Burning those off just tends to make the sticker seeds pop open and become more prolific when spring rolls around.
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

bind weed and thistle and some other I have no clue of what it is.

RD
                    Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Read reviews until you find a "foraging" or "wild edible plants and how to use them" type of book good for your area.

Comment

Working...
                      X