Getting ready to ride the storm out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready to ride the storm out

Well, here we go. Although Florence has weakened to a catagory 2, they are still expecting widespread damage. We've been prepping for every scenario we could imagine for years now . But now with this storm knocking at our door, I keep asking myself if it's enough. And with an event like this storm, there is only so much that you can do. We're not even near the coast. But emergency management is already warning in our area that it is expected to come inland all the way across the state. And it's expected path is going to go right over us.
    I will post updates as often as I can. But when the power goes, I may have to hold back to conserve my battery.
    Wish I had Sarge on speed dial.

Having rode out several, I can tell you that waiting and wondering is the hardest part. Once it hits and does it's damage, you'll be to busy to be worried anymore.
    While I'm sure you'll figure out things you should have done you'll also see that what you did do will put you miles ahead of most folks.
    [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

I'm in the same boat and the waiting is the hardest part. We started getting things battened down last week expecting the storm to be here already. We were in pretty good shape prior to the storm even getting close to us. I can't imagine scrambling at the last minute for basic things such as water.

Comment

agreed, we still have power, but are as ready as we can be, Its in God's hands now.
        According to my watch the time is now
        Past is dead and gone
        Don't try to shake it just nod your head
        Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Please tell me that y'all have solar chargers that have a USB output?

On a serious note, y'all be safe.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

so far so good, still have power, no damage to report.
            According to my watch the time is now
            Past is dead and gone
            Don't try to shake it just nod your head
            Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Same here. Hopefully I'll stay this way

Comment

I hope you are well, but you haven't lived until you have rode one out in a van

Comment

It looks like we're in the clear in my area. We got some wind and some sowers but the bulk of it has (or will)pass to the northeast of us. It's good to go through these every once in a while. I had reason to add to my preps. It's always better to have them and not need them vs needing them and not having them.

Comment

We're getting lots of rain and wind but so far we still have power . Only damage so far that I know of is part of a big limb that broke out and went through the roof of my tool shed.

Comment

Well, it appears that the worst is over for us. According to what I just saw on the weather, it has taken a sharp northern turn before getting to us. The rain has already stopped and the wind is starting to die down.

Comment

Working...
                      X