Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water issue in Oregon's capitol.

Cryptic alert sent out saying "prepare for action"

Half-hour or so later was updated with a warning of municipal water contamination in Salem. Stocks of water sold out in the Salem and surrounding areas.

A good wake up call for folks here in the Northwest (at least I hope so).

34104225_10156642253428258_2707630087288651776_n.jpg

Makes having a water filter a good thing lol , I have a pond next door an it might come in real handy someday .

Comment

They lifted the water status back to normal yesterday, there were a lot of sick people out there.

The biggest problem though wasn’t the water problem itself, but now it is that city/county/state officials knew at least 4 days prior to the warning and they “chose” not to alert the public. From what I am hearing it is going to be looked at by not only the state legislature, but it appears there is some congressional inquiries. I’m sure after Detroit they are a little more sensitive. The algae boom at Detroit lake was the cause. Huh, Detroit and Detroit lake? Coincidence?

Thanks medicmike, I don’t watch the news so I didn’t know until I saw your post. Had to make some calls to friends up there.

This has made my wife and I move solar up a couple of rungs for the well pump/shed.

Comment

I keep wanting heads to roll.

Seriously, if they're too squeamish, I'm sure a non-stop supply of monster drinks and good meals when needed, and I could get the job done. Hell, I'll even be nice and sharpen my axe.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
          I keep wanting heads to roll.

Seriously, if they're too squeamish, I'm sure a non-stop supply of monster drinks and good meals when needed, and I could get the job done. Hell, I'll even be nice and sharpen my axe.
          Don't forget that nice crossbow for the ones that are skert enough to run.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

It looks like the warning has been reissued for children and at-risk adults.

Defund the Media !!

Comment

This is why you should only be able to get water from the government, just think how bad it could have been if they weren't there to look out for everyone.
              [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Everyone else can just suck toxins!
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Thank you, but no, I haven't sucked toxins in years. Thank God for Berkey.
                  I had ordered, and received, my 1st Berkey Light Just in time for an e-coli in the drinking water warning. Talk about timing. Haven't used any unfiltered water in 14 years. That includes fluoride as well.
                  Last edited by Headley; 06-15-2018, 09:57 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Love the Berkey and the black and white filters for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X