No announcement yet.

Lots going on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way I see it, our reserve storage is more like an insurance policy. You hope that you never need it, but it's nice to have if you do.
    I know that some see a collapse of some sort as a high probability in the very near term. I really don't. So if something does happen, well, we'll be ok for a bit longer than most. If nothing happens prior to our final demise, well, we've wasted a bit of money...big deal. And that "waste" gave us some piece of mind, so it wasn't totally wasted after all.
    Now don't forget that our situation is radically different from yours. The only children that we have to worry about are the furkids.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

And storing for them is tough. Dog food has a limited shelf life. Eating what we eat would be possible, but poorly balanced for a dog as well as dipping into ours. Short run, no big deal, long run, big deal. This especially applies to our addition of a livestock guardian dog. We need that dog to work. It keeps everything from coons and possum to coyotes and pit bulls away.

Comment

One thing we do is cook our butchering scrap into dog food and freeze it. In a SHTF scenario we anticipate smaller more frequent butcherings due to lack of refrigeration so dog food (sorry felines) would also come in smaller but more frequent batches. Having rescued countless canines throughout the years I know, while not optimal, dogs can survive on a wide variety of food.
        [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
          Nice. I have played with kydex and enjoyed it. My skill level is not so good. My issue has been over thinking attachments.

My wife has an sr22 as well. Good little pistol, and darned few holsters out there. Right now, she uses one of those uncle Mikes Cordura disasters. The style that holds the mags on the front and the front sight acts as a level sucks retention holster. ( won't come out if you need it in a hurry, but falls out when you don't want it to)

She won't upgrade either. She hits what she shoots at with it, does not like recoil, and hates heavy springs for working a slide, so I just left it be. She is happy, and a half dozen 22 on target beats 17 misses with a 45 or 9.
          For the attachments, on IWB I'm doing holes all along down the slide, spaced out to match the clips of I have. It'll allow me to put on a soft loop or an Ulticlip or a regular clip and to adjust the depth. For OWB, I really like Safariland's stuff, so I match their hole pattern. They make a "T spacer" you can use as a forming tool to make sure you have the holes lined up right.
          lofflorida.com

Comment

Working...
          X