RIP Dr. Stephen Hawking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Dr. Stephen Hawking

Dr. Hawking passed today. I wish that I understood 1/20th of what he had to say.
    Defund the Media !!

He no doubt had a very sharp mind and did some really good things. What I tended to shy away from was he was a very pronounced atheist. I don't begrudge as we are all given the opportunity of choice but it makes me fearful for their soul. I know I might catch some flak for that as some may not share those same beliefs. That's ok but no matter how much science they want to throw out there I very truly believe there is a creator behind it.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

He passed on pi day, now he's infinite.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I hope when God judges him he uses that creepy computer voice.
        [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Dammit.
          Having even just an hour long conversation with that guy was near the top of my Bucket List.
          (RIP Mr. Hawking )

Comment

He did at least one AMA on reddit, as well as being widely published, aside from being paranoid about AI, you can access a lot of what was in his head.

Also ST:TNG appearances, and at least one C-SPAN speech from the 90s that with Bill Clinton always responding to Prof. Hawking's jokes a couple seconds too late. It was funny besides that, but it added to the total.

I was laughing at the physics humor, and laughing just as hard at Clinton trying to keep up. My kids thought I lost my mind.
            Last edited by W.Lynn; 03-17-2018, 09:17 PM.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
              .... My kids though I lost my mind.
              Uhm.....
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

God does not exist.
                ---Stephen Hawking 2011

Stephen Hawking doesn't exist.
                ---God 2018

sic semper tyrannis mortem
                A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
                ---Proverbs 2:23

Comment

Working...
                X