No announcement yet.

LED flashlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, I only charge it when the LVI turns red, which is typically between 4 to 6 days.
    As for the cell phone, while I agree in theory, in practice it gets in the middle of the day on those times when I have forgotten to charge it the night before. I too have an Anker backup, but it's kinda a hassle to drag around plugged in to the phone .
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

While going out at about 5:30 Saturday morning to keep an irrigation culvert cleared of debris, I failed to grab my headlamp. I did however, as always, have my flashlight in my pocket, in this case a Thorfire TK18. I originally hooked the pocket clip to the collar of my t-shirt, but all that lit up was my belly, so I opted to hold the light in my mouth while I raked off the floating ditch debris to keep the water flowing. As anyone can imagine, I managed to relax my jaw a bit, and down went my trusty light, right to the bottom of about three to four feet of flowing water. The sides of the ditch are too steep to consider going in while there was water in the ditch, so the only intelligent thing to do was to leave it until the water had receded, and hope that the "water resistant" light would survive.

Here you can see some of the floating debris, illuminated from underneath.

20190609_095436.jpg

At close to 10:00 Sunday morning, 28+ hours later, I was able to fish the light out of the muck. Of course it was dead, but as I removed the tailcap to remove the battery (actually a cell), there was no sign of any water inside. None. Not even a drop. Nor was there any misting inside the lens. I brought the light inside, grabbed a charged 18650 cell, swapped it out and hit the tail switch. It works perfectly! I'm stoked!

20190609_094829.jpg
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

That's a keeper, alright.

Comment

Working...
        X