EDC bags or whatever you choose to call it contents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDC bags or whatever you choose to call it contents

Just curious if anyone wants to Start this sure it’s been done before but a refresher is always good to me every time I look through mine I find a different need. I went through mine the other day and found shit I was lacking. I’ll post a list of mine tomorrow. Round never ends go!

It will vary for everybody, but there are necessities that should be in every bag:
    1&2. Water (like a Camelbak) carrier and a means to purify water. That could be a small stove, water purifying tabs, Sawyer mini etc.
    3. A good knife and a way to sharpen it.
    4. Some sort of 1st aid kit
    5. Flashlight, not necessarily a tac light, headlamp, small LED light, mini mag etc.

Obviously the stove could be used for cooking as well as purifying water and it gives off less light than an open fire. Also to be considered is the time of year as winter poses more hazards than summer (unless you live in the desert). How long or how far is your trip. Across town you won't need much, what your physical condition is may dictate more stuff. I didn't mention weapons as you should have your EDC weapon with you anyway though some extra ammo might be called for. The big caution is don't get too heavy, as you have to carry all this stuff. I have a lot of stuff in my car that there is no way I could put it all in a pack that I could carry so I have a collapsible wagon that I can pile stuff into and haul behind me and yes I'm assuming I will be traveling on roads not going cross country. Lots of stuff to think about.

Comment

Chest-seal, tourniquet, Celox, aspirin, and a few other flat or small ”might even save my own life" type IFAK items.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Paracord and fire kit (size varies). For my GetHomeBag, 50ft of black paracord. My fire kit is a Swedish FireSteel, lighter, and waterproof container w/matches. INCH bag has same, but multiple kits.

Keep your powder dry and eyes open...

Comment

People's definition of EDC varies by the person. Some consider it just what's in their pockets, others what is nearby most times, while yet others use looser definitions.
          The focus of EDC is also just as varied. FAK, CCW, emergency water, etc, there is no one right answer as the right answer is dependent upon the as yet defined emergency that requires it.

EDC to me should be something on your person every day rain or shine, on your bathroom counter when showering, and on a night stand while sleeping when we are discussing physical items. They are not however 'the' most important items.

Your mind is 'the' most important EDC. It should be active every waking moment, and it should be looping situational awareness throughout the day/night while awake. A mountain of supplies will not help a person survive if they don't use and regularly exercise their mind.
          When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

My EDC bag is just a regular looking brown backpack.

In it, I've got a Kleen Kanteen bottle, sharpie, pen, book in a ziploc for reading, bic lighter, spare batteries for flashlight, camelbak bladder, magnesium firestarter, hand sanitizer, paracord, altoids tin with bandaids, nail clipper, tweezers, tiny bottle of ibuprofen, tiny tube of orajel, phone charger, small battery bank for charging the phone, bluetooth earbuds. I think that's all of it.
            Bag isn't stuffed full, I'm able to fit more stuff in it if needed. I need to get a spare rain jacket to keep in the bag and put a spare notebook in there.
            I haven't ever used the holster that comes with the pack, but I can put those velcro sided mag pouches in that spot to carry pistol mags if I really wanted to.

I carry my knife on my belt with my pistol.
            lofflorida.com

Comment

My EDC is more of a GHB as it stays in my car/truck and I'm usually not more than a hundred yards or so away from it. But one of the things I keep in GHB that I haven't seen mentioned before is baby powder, or the truck stop version "Anti-Monkey Butt." If I have to go a few days without a shower, especially if I have to walk any distance, the baby powder does WONDERS for keeping the gentleman bits comfortable.

Comment

My wife has some Lady Anti-Monkey Butt Powder. She likes it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaveZJ View Post
                  My EDC is more of a GHB as it stays in my car/truck and I'm usually not more than a hundred yards or so away from it. But one of the things I keep in GHB that I haven't seen mentioned before is baby powder, or the truck stop version "Anti-Monkey Butt." If I have to go a few days without a shower, especially if I have to walk any distance, the baby powder does WONDERS for keeping the gentleman bits comfortable.
                  It can make a huge difference. But the biggest way I've seen of countering this is long legged boxer briefs made out of synthetic material. Really helps to cut down on chafing and such because it should help pull moisture away and keep everything from rubbing together.
                  lofflorida.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cwi555 View Post
                    People's definition of EDC varies by the person. .........
                    Your mind is 'the' most important EDC. .....
                    Dang, I'm screwed !
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Of all the things I've lost I miss it the most
                      [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Working...
                      X