No announcement yet.

Tough, decent looking pants. Duluth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redman did you make a decision yet on what you are going to use?
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I found some "full swing" carhartts that I am going to try, and I ordered a pair of the Duluth paths to try.
      These carhartts have a little different material, so maybe they will hold up. If not, for the price I found on sale, I have a set of work pants.

Comment

Sounds like you will probably be happy with either or brands!

Comment

Ok. Carhartt full swing.....a swing and a miss.

I bought these on a clearance sale. Love the look and functionality of them. Relaxed fit my butt!

So I have been wearing Schmidt wrangler and dockers 36 waist for some time. I used to do the same in the carhartts. Since it was a tent sale, there was no changing room, so I just grabbed my usual 36x34. Got them home. Can't even button them, and that is before washing.

I could barely pull them up high enough to try to button. The calves and thighs are tight and the knees have a flex gusset that looks really funtional, but it also creates another tight spot.

Now, I am over weight, but my legs are not, more of a torso issue. I basically do deep knee bends and squats all day lifting dogs, getting up and down off the floor and so on. These do not have enough room for anyone with thicker thighs.

Now, my loss is your gain.

These say 36x34. If you can wear 34x34, these may fit. I bet they might even be snug there. So, this is a give away of these britches to anyone who already posted in this thread offering advice and can use them. I will pay shipping.

Damn. Just damn

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
            Ok. Carhartt full swing.....a swing and a miss.

I bought these on a clearance sale. Love the look and functionality of them. Relaxed fit my butt!

So I have been wearing Schmidt wrangler and dockers 36 waist for some time. I used to do the same in the carhartts. Since it was a tent sale, there was no changing room, so I just grabbed my usual 36x34. Got them home. Can't even button them, and that is before washing.

I could barely pull them up high enough to try to button. The calves and thighs are tight and the knees have a flex gusset that looks really funtional, but it also creates another tight spot.

Now, I am over weight, but my legs are not, more of a torso issue. I basically do deep knee bends and squats all day lifting dogs, getting up and down off the floor and so on. These do not have enough room for anyone with thicker thighs.

Now, my loss is your gain.

These say 36x34. If you can wear 34x34, these may fit. I bet they might even be snug there. So, this is a give away of these britches to anyone who already posted in this thread offering advice and can use them. I will pay shipping.

Damn. Just damn

Sounds like you got you a pair of "Skinny jeans" hahahahahhahahaha..... Ah heck sorry that's not funny...

Hhahahahhahahahahahhahaha...

Comment

Grrrr. Lol. Well, skinny I ain't .

Comment

Don't know about the Duluth pants, but the Duluth dog beds are holding up superbly. They are made of the same firehose material as the pants.
                NICHEVO

Comment

Did you ever find a taker? No, I can't use them, and no, I'm not asking who did (if anyone).
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

I've been finding that many clothing manufacturers have been changing the cut of their products. Everything seems to be geared to fit those who have no discernible shape. If your built like a bean pole then your good to go. Even when I'm not carrying extra weight I have trouble finding pants that fit well in the thigh and seat areas. When the drooping pants thing hit many of the relaxed fit jeans that I had been buying became a bit too relaxed. Even if I find one pair that fit well of a certain cut, size and brand I am careful to try on any subsequent one I buy, at times there are differences even if things are marked as the same.

Comment

I found a taker.

I have other carhartt relaxed fit pants marked the same size. They fit well. These were made for no assed, skinny Jean, faux hawk wearing metro sexual townies, if they were not mismarked.

Comment

I just ordered a pair of the Duluth firehose cargo pants in the size that *should* fit well. After choking on the price for a minute, and paying shipping, I put my card away. If I like them, then I will look to get them locally, or when there is a sale price.
                        Last edited by W.Lynn; 10-13-2017, 03:37 PM.
                        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

The pants have arrived. They fit well, and I love the pockets. To be fair, I did order from the men's selections, on the issue of, I don't trust clothing companies to give similar quality and features in women's items.

Now to wear them, and see what it takes to wear them out. These could be my new go-to brand if they hold up.
                          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I just got my order of the Fire hose Flex bonded fleece jeans. They fit true to waist size and length with room so I'm thinking they changed their sizing around a little bit. I also ordered one of the Burly weight fleece shirts and am super impressed with it. Duluth is becoming my go to for clothing.

Comment

I've had great luck with Duluth for pants. Because of where I live, it's raining all the time so water resistance is a plus. They make or made a water resistant style a few years ago that can deal with knees in dirt for gardening, hiking, horseback riding, ATV'ing and anything else I can throw at them and still look good enough to go to the store. As a bonus, you can pre rinse them with a garden hose to get the mud off. They stay basically dry inside when you have a rain jacket and boots on so no complaints from me.

Regarding the OP, you're a Veterinarian, not a stock trader on Wall Street. Wear what's comfortable. My vet wears scrubs.

Comment

Kk,
                                Hate scrubs. Despise them. They feel like I am in pajamas. When some goofy cat goes ape or a dog starts clawing at your leg, there is zero protection. They also like to come untied and start sliding down at the most inopportune times! My hairy butt does not need to be hanging out. Lol.

People are funny about it. Wear too nice of clothes, you are a high falutin jerk. Too casual, and you don't know your business. Just like cars. Drive my old beater and I must not know what I am doing cause we are going broke. Drive a nice truck, I am charging too much and gouging clients. You can not win.

Comment

Working...
                                X