No announcement yet.

Tough, decent looking pants. Duluth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe switch policy to "please show up in clean clothing that is in decent shape, with a change available in case those get trashed in the course of the day."

The cheap scrubs available at wallyworld would do for anyone that gets to stay indoors.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

One more option - Bailey's. They carry a brand called "wild ass jeans" - and they are tough. They also cater to the tree service guys and lumberjacks.

Comment

That would be a common sense policy....common sense is an issue. Plus, everyone bitch es and whines about their clothes getting torn, dirty, etc. I don't know of a welder, ranch hand, construction worker etc that expects boss to pay if they trash their clothing during a day of work. Our assistants sure do. So for me, it was just easier to say, here, wear this. Of course that comes with its own set of issues.

This style makes me look fat
        Um yeah, you are fat.

This is not a color I like.
        Boo hoo

This set has a tie, I hate tie scrubs.
        Ummmmm yep, cause I don't want your ass crack showing.

I don't like this fabric, it does not breath like cotton.
        Find me a set of all cotton scrubs. Go ahead.

I like jeans better.
        So do I , get over it.

Why can't I wear my print scrubs?
        Because, I hate sponge Bob square pants, and he is not going to be in my clinic.

Why not just give us a an allowance.
        See above post.

Why can't we vote on the colors, styles, etc?
        It ain't a democracy. I did not buy this business to have someone else tell me how to run it.

And so on and so on and so on.

Btw, the scrubs at wally world, really don't last for us. On the bright side, they fit everyone the same; poorly! Lol.
        Last edited by redman2006; 08-27-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

That drives me frickin' crazy. We recently switched to uniforms at work, we were the only department that was not in a uniform so it made sense. Simple stuff, 5.11 black cargoes (https://www.amazon.com/5-11-Tactical...tdu&th=1&psc=1), black boots/shoes, black leather belt, and a tan polo with the department title and Sheriff's office on either side. All of this was issued, boots could be bought to give people more choices and up to $120 was reimbursed to you for this.

The amount of complaining that came out blew my mind. Why do I have to wear a belt? Why do I have to wear black boots? That shirt is an ugly color, I don't like it. The pants are too heavy. I don't look good in this. ect. ect.
          My one complaint is that the issued windbreaker that came with it isn't water resistant. The fabric is water resistant, but they sewed a giant patch onto it and water soaks through the patch if you get caught in the rain walking from the parking lot. So instead of throwing a fit, I sprayed the patch with waterproofing spray
          lofflorida.com

Comment

When I took over at the Mack dealer as service manager I had 13 mechanics and they were in 4 different versions of the "Company Uniform". First it was symptomatic of the previous managers policy of appeasement and secondly they were all dated and worn out.
            I looked at a few uniform companies and picked out something that was totally different and really eye catching. The company rep came in to refit everyone and had the "Prototype" for me to sign off on, you'd have thought I was putting a bunch of grown men in tutus. I had one very vocal "that guy" that said "I'm not wearing that uniform" and quickly the others were chiming in. So what could I do? I told him "Honestly you really don't have to wear it" and he started to smile, then I finished " only people that work here are going to have to wear them so if it's really a problem would should find an employer whose uniform you like."
            But I had the same complaints I need this because I'm special and I need that because I'm more special Blah Blah Blah.

I pay for 'em y'all wear 'em that's the deal...the only deal.
            [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

I won't go into all of them, but I will address the welders. The only place I've ever seen uniforms is low end shops. If you tried to force the others to wear a uniform, the next day they'd be wearing this;

When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

If you think diesel techs in uniforms that are making 60-70K is a "low end shop" your are miles beyond my lowly station in life. FWIW I have never been in a truck (or car) dealership that didn't have techs in uniform.
                [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

8 worked at a large feed yard in the 90's it was owned by Continental Grain. We had, as pen riders, uniforms. The company logo on white or blue button ups and company supplied wrangler jeans. We loved it. Dump a week's worth, and grab your next week's to take home. Saved a pile on shirts and jeans that would have manure stains in days. Company paid to launder them, and we could spend the extra 3 hours at a bar Saturday night instead of at a laundromat.

Comment

Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
                    If you think diesel techs in uniforms that are making 60-70K is a "low end shop" your are miles beyond my lowly station in life. FWIW I have never been in a truck (or car) dealership that didn't have techs in uniform.
                    Umm where did I say diesel tech? For that matter any mention of car shop? Those places may do occasional metal joining, but by no means do they weld day in and day out. I only spoke to weld shops, go back and read.
                    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Redman, see the mess you started............. Who would have thought wearing some kinda uniform would be such a big deal but apparently with everyone's comments it is with people. I would be pretty darn happy if an employer supplied me with clothes as it sure would cut down on my costs.
                      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Yeah. I will go back to my box now.

Comment

Our small animal vet wears scrubs. It looks like the staff supply their own as everyone has a different color. I may be wrong on that point. No one is wearing prints so they may draw a line there. And good for them.

As for my large animal vet, she and her assistant wear some sort of cargo pant. I would imagine that they would be something sturdy as she is mobile only and spends her days in other peoples barns.

The folks where my wife work swear by Kuhl pants. Of course they also sell them so take it for what its worth. I don't have any of these yet. I'm too cheap to spend that much on pants and I still plan on being in a smaller size "soon".

Comment

Wow, those are more than the Duluth. I thought those were pricey.
                            Gone are the days of $14.99 13mwz and $19.99 carhartts
                            Now, if I could just find some good old brush popper shirts. I don't think they are even made any longer. Those were some of my all time favorite work shirts. Of course, if I did, I bet they would be three prices now too.

Comment

I'll go with the flow and suggest Duluth pants. They are excellent stuff. I wish I had more of them. But at almost $50 a pair, I can't get more than the one pair I own. If you can afford them, they hold up excellent.

Comment

why not denim if your doing large animal work? There is a reason the owners wear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X