book 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• book 9

Ok AA, I'm not going to start harassing you about the next book...yet. this is just a suggestion for it. Considering the eclipse today, surely you're going to include it in the next book.

LOL, one of the most subtle calls for "MOAR BUK" that I've seen.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Any speculation on how many cities or bases were hit?

Comment

At least one...
        [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

So with that strike, why wouldn't the U.S. launch everything it had at key cities in that (those) countries. It's time to give those Governments a taste of their own medicine.....perhaps with a domestic crisis of their own, they'll have less time/resources to "provide aide" to the U.S.

Also.....any chance of the cast from the Home series merging with the cast from Charlie's Requiem since they're starting to explore and engage hostiles further south? Of course Orlando being closer to the strike may have had some consequences (and a 2nd EMP knocking out FEMA efforts there and putting an end to that terror)

Maybe major operations had been moved from McDill to Hurlburt? (just a hope)
          Last edited by J Ram; 10-09-2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Question about Book 9 - page 287 - ""I slipped the ASP from my vest...". "I dropped the ASP and raised the pistol..."
            OK, Google-fu wasn't much help. What's an "ASP"?

Comment

In the 70s and 80s it was sort of like a spring steel baton, it would collapse in on itself when not in use. Not bad. They're still around, not legal everywhere. You're probably better off with escrima style sticks.
              Last edited by W.Lynn; 01-11-2018, 08:30 PM. Reason: Learn the strikes, use whatever is handy. Then you weren't "carrying"

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                In the 70s and 80s it was sort of like a spring steel baton, it would collapse in on itself when not in use. Not bad. They're still around, not legal everywhere. You're probably better off with escrima style sticks.
                No springs, just centrifugal force to open it. Give it a good sling, and the weight of the steel tubes causes them to extend. Then a good tap on the floor loosens them to be collapsed. I carried one until I retired 10 years ago.

Comment

we carry one in the door of our car. knees and elbows hurt like a SOB when hit by an ASP!!!
                  According to my watch the time is now
                  Past is dead and gone
                  Don't try to shake it just nod your head
                  Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Our local SO quit carrying them after a rash of serious knee injuries to detainees. Apparently several deputies had become quite adept at a side strike on the knee area that wreaked havoc on the tendons and cartilage. Tasers and CS are their only authorized LTL weapons now.

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

Comment

I was trained to avoid bony areas and strike only for muscle mass. Calf/thigh primarily.

Comment

Which may be why they are no longer allowed to carry them. Arresting someone for a D&D outside the local watering hole then being on the hook for in custody medical bills in the 1000's of dollars tends to bring about administrative changes.

Comment

Originally posted by olfart View Post
                          No springs, just centrifugal force to open it. Give it a good sling, and the weight of the steel tubes causes them to extend. Then a good tap on the floor loosens them to be collapsed. I carried one until I retired 10 years ago.
                          I meant about the quality - not "steel spring" but "about as good as a the steel in automotive leaf springs."

Comment

Originally posted by olfart View Post
                            I was trained to avoid bony areas and strike only for muscle mass. Calf/thigh primarily.
                            As was I but those areas are fair game IMO during a SHTF scenario
                            According to my watch the time is now
                            Past is dead and gone
                            Don't try to shake it just nod your head
                            Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

we got any word on the audiobook for book 9? Duke sleeping on the job or what?

Comment

Working...
                              X