No announcement yet.

Question about Sarge's buggies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting over 20 MPG so it should go at least 1000 miles, as for the drive train, the guys that put in the engine said there should be no problem. Full Auto in Ann Arbor, they were on some car TV show or another and the truck was featured. Good guys to work with and they are quite familiar with the likes of us on this site.

Comment

That's pretty neat if you don't mind can you post up a picture or two of how the tank is mounted up? How does it affect the handling characteristics. From my calculations full that tank should weight about 315lbs which shouldn't be an issue depending on where everything is. My buddy put a 30 gallon tank in his YJ for extended range that was still able to not limit his break over clearance but even at 18 MPG (Guessing) that's 540 miles. Add in two 5 gallon jerry cans and you can expect about 720 miles.
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

The fuel tank is in the bed. It looks like a tool box but it's mostly fuel tank. I do have some stuff in it and there is more room behind the seat now that the regular fuel tank is gone. Next up will be bucket seats as the 1965 bench is, um, dated. Pictures will be coming.

Comment

20170919_151510.jpg
          20170919_151348.jpg
          20170919_151430.jpg
          the Cummins and two shots of the fuel tank/tool box
          sorry about the sideways engine shot

Comment

Man, i do like that ....love the tank / tool box idea...

Comment

I was thinking you put the tank in the bed as it seems like the most logical place for it. Looks like a really nice setup there. If you are looking at bucket seats check out Corbeau. I put a set into my CJ5 in conjunction with Simpson 5-point restraints. I put in the Baja model and really like them. They were priced right and have several different models to accommodate you. Best of all they are an American company from Utah.

Over 50 years of providing the world with the best in aftermarket Street Seats, Racing Seats, Off Road Seats, Jeep Seats, Suspension seats, Seat Brackets, Harness Belts and more.

Comment

5-point restraints rock. I wish I had them at every seat, in ALL our vehicles. It would stop most of the fighting the boys do, and brace the person with the back problems better than the basic shoulder strap does.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

And the diagonal belt would stop slipping up my shoulder to strangle me. NO ONE seems to make a shoulder harness that works correctly for women.

Comment

The anatomy parts most of them are concerned with, are skeletal structure and organs that the restraints are designed to help protect.
                    However, as you've noted, there isn't much in the way of restraints designed for women. Conceptually, it wouldn't be that hard to do, getting it tested and validated for a restricted market would be extremely expensive. That makes it a matter of money rather than difficulty.
                    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Originally posted by Sacajawea View Post
                      And the diagonal belt would stop slipping up my shoulder to strangle me. NO ONE seems to make a shoulder harness that works correctly for women.
                      I beg to disagree.....

strapboob-is-the-best-reason-to-wear-a-seatbelt-35-photos-34.jpg
                      Defund the Media !!

Comment

And if she sat naturally, in a relaxed posture, with a normal shirt on, you wouldn't have bothered to post, because that photo wouldn't exist.
                        Last edited by W.Lynn; 09-20-2017, 10:47 PM. Reason: You might want to find out if she's legal age, before you go sharing her photo around.
                        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                          And if she sat naturally, in a relaxed posture, with a normal shirt on, you wouldn't have bothered to post, because that photo wouldn't exist.
                          Where's the fun in that?

Comment

That's not a normal shirt????

Comment

LOL... some of us wear real bras.

Comment

you wouldn't have bothered to post, because that photo wouldn't exist.
                                that sounds like a Schrodinger's Cat discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X