On demand water storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On demand water storage

I was think about putting a 100 gallon water storage container in my existing house plumbing. I haven't been able to find out much info on how to do this. Does anyone have any ideas about this.

A large pressure tank like is used for a well with a check valve behind it would make it automatic, self refilling and cleaning but expensive. It would also allow running water for a while.

Comment

How complicated do you want vs how expensive?

You can take a large tank like ab ebc type totell and simply plumb into one side and out the other. Top and bottom. The tank fills and flushes as you use it. More complicated but less likely to flood is in the top out the bottom with a float valve and a t. When the tank fills, float goes off and shuts down pressure to the tank. Problem then is you have to manually empty flush and fill regularly. Good thing is it is seperate from the system so you can have clean water should the reason you need it be a contamination issue.

I can think of lots of ways, but some would be pricey and others a little Rube Goldberg.

Comment

Originally posted by eu374 View Post
        I was think about putting a 100 gallon water storage container in my existing house plumbing. I haven't been able to find out much info on how to do this. Does anyone have any ideas about this.
        It's not hard.
        Volume of 6" sch 40 pvc pipe is roughly 1.4 gallons a foot. A check valve from the main, under the house into it. Branch connections on 7 sticks of it with flat clean outs/end cap with each stick on one end. Serpentine it until you have 71 feet of it. Every 18" on center you should have two runs, so three runs (6 sticks) then the last stick. Should have a foot print under your house of around 5 foot by 10 foot. On top of each stick, a 1/2 plug branch connection to bubble out on initial fill.
        At the end of the last stick, a reducer back to standard size, then back into standard plumbing arrangement.

You'll need to clean it out once or so a year depending upon your water quality. Be sure things like water heaters are down stream.

The check valve will stop it from draining back into the street/service line should it be compromised. Be sure to use a quality valve and service it every 5 years or so.
        When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Thanks for all the info everyone good stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X