No announcement yet.

the cast from going home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, but are YOU willing to be the one to tell Gunny that he's not right? Especially considering that A.A. himself has said that Gunny was who he had in mind while writing the part?
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by gpwelding1 View Post
      Heres a few. The way I see them anyway.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8177[/ATTACH]Jess
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8178[/ATTACH]Mel
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8179[/ATTACH]Morgan
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8180[/ATTACH]Danny
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8181[/ATTACH]Jeff
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8182[/ATTACH]Sarge
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8183[/ATTACH]Thad
      I will add more when I have more time.
      You defininetly nailed Sarge and Thad.... I'm kind of neutral on Danny so I'll go with what you came up with. But I think you're way off on everyone else, especially Morgan.. your Morgan is not even remotely what I envisioned.

Morgan
      8fea90f80ac024d0dd8e28bffcf51f3d--chubby-men-polka-dot-tie.jpg

Tried looking for Jess but google keeps returning super hot models and, for some reason, Jennifer Aniston

Comment

Another few years, and Miss Kendall Jones might outgrow the part. She's graduated since I threw her name out for consideration. Morgan needs to look the part of a man with two teenagers, and so often, actors barely look like they're that long out of their own teen years.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I agree. He needs to look like a family man with two teens and the small tire growing around his mid section. In fact, he needs to transition from the slightly overweight computer guy to the bearded thinned out guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
            I agree. He needs to look like a family man with two teens and the small tire growing around his mid section. In fact, he needs to transition from the slightly overweight computer guy to the bearded thinned out guy.
            Slightly? In the early pages of book 1, I seem to remember him saying that he was "260 pounds, and not all of that was muscle", or something very close to that . Now don't get me wrong, I'm not hating, as I'm not a lean, mean, fighting machine either, and he's got a good foot or so on me.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

"I’m six feet tall and weigh about 260 pounds, not all muscle either." I remember reading that and thinking "Hey, that's right about my size although I have a couple of inches in height on him." I looked down at my waistline and realized he like me had more than a few extra inches to work with. I bet by the time he got home he wasn't carrying so much extra. I doubt that his clothes were fitting all that well, especially the pants. I don't recall his weight being mentioned again, but I suspect that by the later books he was hovering at or below the 200 mark. I'm sure that with the combination of fewer calories and all of the physical activity of this new world he'll have no problem staying at that weight.

I think he's a bit old for the part now but I think that Ryan Hurst (Opie, Sons of Anarchy) could pull it off.
              Last edited by Boston_Joe; 01-02-2018, 09:08 AM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Despite what AA had in mind for Sarge (Gunny's deceased now anyway), I've always seen Sarge as being more like Terry O'Quinn or Gerald McRaney. More brain than brawn, wiry and quick. As for Chad, I think Chi McBride fits my image of him.

Comment

Originally posted by olfart View Post
                  Despite what AA had in mind for Sarge (Gunny's deceased now anyway), I've always seen Sarge as being more like Terry O'Quinn or Gerald McRaney. More brain than brawn, wiry and quick. As for Chad, I think Chi McBride fits my image of him.
                  Chad? CHAD? I'm starting to think that you might be one of those Russian hackers that Trump is talking about. chad.....
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Costner or Michael Biehn would be a good Sarge. Terry Crews or Tiny Lister for Thad.

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                      Chad? CHAD? I'm starting to think that you might be one of those Russian hackers that Trump is talking about. chad.....
                      Oops... cranial flatulence strikes again. Just wait, boy. You'll be old and brain dead too, one day.

Comment

Enough about all of these minor characters...I wanna know who's gonna play the starring role of the one legged ham radio operator?
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

We gotta a guy...
                          [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Enough about all of these minor characters...I wanna know who's gonna play the starring role of the one legged ham radio operator?
                            I heard it was going to be Gilbert Gottfried

Comment

I don't know about that Zef... I have it on good authority that the character in the book is a handsome devil, and far more manly than GG could portray.
                              Defund the Media !!

Comment

I don't know about that Zef... I have it on good authority that the character in the book is a handsome devil, and far more manly than GG could portray.
                                Probably about as manly as Bruce Jenner.

Comment

Working...
                                X