Going Home in Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Home in Kentucky

I've been doing a bit of fiction writing recently, having been inspired by A. American. So, the link below is a piece of "fan fiction":

Note that this is pure fiction, and bears no relationship to actual people. It's still a work in progress, and, as such, may contain significant errors. But, I hope y'all will enjoy it.

Please feel free to follow along with the story using Google Maps or Google Earth.

Dave

Hey Dave, I have to admit that I downloaded it to my Google docs, and began reading, and then life got busy and I forgot. I'll be picking it back up again today.
    I've really enjoyed what I've read so far.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Dave, this is really good! I've been reading for hours. I'm trying to figure out a way to save it to my tablet so I can read when I'm off line.
      This should really be published!

Comment

Dave, I will check this out.

Comment

I started and finished it all in one sitting. Good work! I was able to play along on Google maps which added to the enjoyment. I didn't realize that none of the roads in Kentucky go where you need them to.

Comment

I read a little bit each night . They just left her mom's place . I am enjoying it .
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

I sure hope you are going to write some more!

Comment

Thank You Dave
                I just read and finished. A very enjoyable read

Comment

Reminds me of the "Clark" stories on the SB website where many of us found AA! Thanks for the great read!
                  People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                  ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Dave, that was great; I spent a good portion of the weekend reading it through to the end (for now). The more I read of this genre the more tempted I am to try my hand at it. Ive always been a big fan of post-apocalyptic fiction and the EMP subset is particularly engaging given that it represents a scenario that's a very plausible possibility in today's world. Please keep at it and let us know how Annie makes out with the twins. And old Daddy Ralph sounded like he was teetering on the edge of a cardiac event there...?

Comment

I tried to open it again but now it says file not found.

Comment

Was this ever reposted or published?

Comment

KY Dave hasn't been back since about 6 months after he posted that (March'17)

I'm figurin' black helicopters gott 'em.
                          [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
                            KY Dave hasn't been back since about 6 months after he posted that (March'17)

I'm figurin' black helicopters gott 'em.
                            Dang those black helicopters. Sounds like a good story!

Comment

That was a great story and it was in a 384KB text file titled hemp.txt.

It's not about dope and it's not about rope. Maybe rope-a-dope?

It is sure a good story. I sure hope Kentucky Dave will return and continue it or, even better, publish it and continue the tale.

Comment

Working...
                              X