Cry Havoc is finally here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cry Havoc is finally here!

It's only been six years, but I finally finished Cry Havoc! Grab a copy and let me know what you think about it.

I'm drunk tonith.

I'm grabbing a copy now. I'll leave a review once I devour it.

Comment

Purchased and downloaded . Now....about Rebuilding Home.....
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Just downloaded it from Amazon. Can't wait to start it tomorrow...or maybe tonight...

Comment

Bought it will read soon.

Comment

Well I'm on chapter 9, this is hard to put down. I get such a warm fuzzy feeling about my government makes me wish to live in a fun place like Detroit or Atlanta or Chicago s/o. At least we don't have Clinton this term, although I'll breath a little easier after Jan 20th.

Comment

just in time, I needed to download a new book. Thanks AA..

Comment

Angry

mate what can I say, a great read so far, I just cant put it down. my train rides to work and back are just not long enough....well done mate, I love ya work.

Comment

OK, book 2 is coming out when? Oh by the way, very good job, love the characters, very good plot. Did I ask when book 2 is coming out?

Comment

I downloaded it at Amazon and finished it in about 9 hours over two evenings. EXCELLENT READ!! I could have finished it quicker if the wife hadn't been trying to talk to me. I have read and enjoyed the Going Home series several times. I think the scenario that plays out in Cry Havoc is a much more likely SHTF scenario than an EMP/CME event. But hey....what do I know about that stuff. You keep writing it and I'll keep buying it. Any timetable on a Cry Havoc 2?
                    Semper Paratus - Always Ready!
                    Honor, Respect, Devotion to Duty

Comment

I'm working on Avenging Home. Once I'm done, I'll see about Cry Havoc and some others that I REALLY want to read. We're in the middle of a bathroom remodel and had to postpone because we ended up re-piping our whole house! Things are crazy. I need a nap... or vacation.

Comment

And what kind of naming scheme to use? Continue the quote, and make it "Let slip the the dogs of war" works. But after that, the lines from Mark Anthony get kind of ugly and awkward.

There are other good spots of phrasing within Mark Anthony, or you can look toward "cool exclamations from Shakespeare" as a theme, and that really opens things up to some interesting phrases.
                        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                          And what kind of naming scheme to use? Continue the quote, and make it "Let slip the the dogs of war" works. But after that, the lines from Mark Anthony get kind of ugly and awkward.

There are other good spots of phrasing within Mark Anthony, or you can look toward "cool exclamations from Shakespeare" as a theme, and that really opens things up to some interesting phrases.
                          Lots of books with Dogs of War in the title, plus I guess dogs of war is taken to mean mercenaries in the modern term? In light of recent events, how about "Cry Me a River"?
                          Read the free sample, will pick up the book hopefully soon after Christmas shopping is finished.
                          lofflorida.com

Comment

Yell, chaos, as in - set up a ruckus and get the soldiers up, man the gates, put the archers on the walls, etc. Ever hear of a modern soldier calling for a strike "danger close" or even "bring the rain!" (Either directly or in a movie?) "Cry 'Havoc!'" was an order you'd give to someone else, and they'd call it out to the soldiers to melee, chaos, and looting, basically, bring an end. "And let slip the dogs of war!" was further referring to bringing out the soldiers. Most Englishmen of the bard's day knew it at least in passing, so it appears (with minor variations,) in several of his works.
                            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Not that it goes with these titles, but "Fire at will" "Target rich environment ", "Free fire zone" and so on, could make for decent titles in this genre.

Comment

Working...
                              X