No announcement yet.

Cry Havoc is finally here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but authors need to be happy with it, and publishers need to be able to say that it's at least not the most common phrase used in a title in the genre (when we were waiting for the first ones to appear on Amazon and at Barnes & Noble, I found out from web searches just how well used "Going Home" was as a title ... on crap I'd never spend money on.)
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Given the right circumstances, the characters in Cry Havoc could very well become The Dogs of War, who knows what happens to anyone when push comes to shove. Given the "evilness" of DHS and a bloated Federal Government concerned only with their own power, the "average" American may very well turn into the worst nightmare of the two aforementioned groups. Why do you think that ex-GI's, gun owners, preppers, conservatives etc were put on the domestic terrorist watch.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
          Not that it goes with these titles, but "Fire at will" "Target rich environment ", "Free fire zone" and so on, could make for decent titles in this genre.
          How about a post-apocalyptic comedy set, "Don't fire at Will" (subtitled "He's on OUR side!")

"Target poor environment"

"Free fire costs too much"

Comment

...."Weapons Tight"....

Comment

In continuing with the theme of the meaning of the term "Cry Havoc"; how about "Weapons free", "Free to engage" and finally
              "Unleash Hell"
              lofflorida.com

Comment

How about "Lock and Load"? "Hounds of Hell"? "Call the Demons"?

Dave

Comment

"Call the Demons" makes me think of the Battle of Camaron:

"These are not men, but demons!"
                  Probably has nothing to do with the book, just made me think of it.
                  lofflorida.com

Comment

I like it, but I raise a little hell myself, from time to time.

Comment

Well, this book came to a sudden and unexpected ending. I kept trying to turn the page for the "happily ever after" bit... LOL. I guess that's what the second book is for. Still, it was an appropriate stopping point and my inclination for "more" story will just have to wait I guess.

Not like I don't have PLENTY to keep me busy these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sacajawea View Post
                        Well, this book came to a sudden and unexpected ending....
                        Ya, he does tend to do that . No doubt that it helps sales of the next installment , but sometimes ya just want to catch AA in a dark alley and pummel the ending /answer /scenario out of him, like when he left us hanging after the girls got blown up.
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

LMAO. Kick, you get can't get what ain't there! You guys think I plan these endings. But I don't. The process does something like this:

When I write I let the characters drive the story. I have major milestones in mind, plot points to introduce. But I never know when or how they will arrive. I simply follow the characters as they muddle through it. The ending of Cry Havoc was really interesting. When Bob looks around and says, "now what, indeed." the story stopped there because what comes next was far too much to include in one book. I thought it was going to be a single book, didn't intend to make it the opener. But that's how it worked out.

Just like with Morgan and crew. I NEVER know when I start a book where it will end, not to mention half the stuff they do in the middle. I'm also working on another story at the moment that came to me one night when I was trying, very unsuccessfully, to sleep. It was right after the election. Something about it was bothering me. Clinton seemed to give up too easily and this idea started rolling around in my head. I finally had to get up and start putting it down. While I'm concentrating on book 8 at the moment, it's a good break to wander off into this one from time to time. I have a concept for it, but at the moment it's rather formless. I'll have to see what these people do. But from what I've seen already, whatever they do, it'll be pretty damn interesting. This one is so far away from my other books it's really interesting to see. Maybe some day you guys will get to see it.

Actually, that gives me an idea. I might do a trip down memory lane and start posting that one here. But you'll probably have some long gaps between posts. Or, like days of old you guys pestering me may actually force me to work faster. That was a lot of fun back then and I miss it. But we'll probably have to put in the basement.
                          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Oh damn, are we going to start the Moar Buk stuff again?

Talk about going down memory lane, as read that, it reminded me of my accident (not in a bad way), and the resulting friendship and support that was offered here, starting back on SB. Ahh...good times . Light it up brother and post away!
                            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                              Ya, he does tend to do that . No doubt that it helps sales of the next installment , but sometimes ya just want to catch AA in a dark alley and pummel the ending /answer /scenario out of him, like when he left us hanging after the girls got blown up.
                              Why do I get the feeling you just ruined one of the books for me... I'm only on book 5 I think.

Comment

I think I'm about halfway through Cry Havoc, I'm really loving it. AA, I like that this a completely different story from the Home series. Not all writers can write a multi book series, start a new one, and not have it be like you just tweaked the original and put a fresh coat of paint on it. Makes me rethink some of my preps as this is a scenario that could unfold very quickly in real life.
                                lofflorida.com

Comment

Working...
                                X