Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope

Thanks

Thumbs Up! Hope

I just finished Hope. I thought it was a neat little side story to the Going Home series. It sounds like the Chinese are about to take over the West Coast. I am anxious to see how that affects Morgan and the group since they are on the other side of the country. I hope I am right about it being a side story, however, it could have nothing to do with the main series. Although, I can't wait for book 8.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,589 Times in 4,530 Posts
    I need to get this story.

I'm always a little amused when stories have the angle of coming in via the left coast - there still are plenty of firearms owners and military units, besides people armed who should not be (by law, though a few of them could likely get their rights restored, but no one's telling them that.) The drug smugglers alone would be pissed to have that much disruption in business.

AA tends to remember people like wannabe-gangbangers, petty criminals, violent people, politicians, and other non-contributing members of society.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,451 Times in 4,242 Posts
    Screenshot_2016-08-28-17-03-40.jpg

I'm gonna guess that eventually there may be more of a tie-in, but that's just a guess.
    I'm so awesome that my doctor gave me a special jacket so that I can hug myself.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kickstand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Geez Kick, charge your battery

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteBear620 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,071 Times in 1,313 Posts
    You never know what's going to happen.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Thanks
    Wow.....just wow.....I just finished this book and as a dad, I was literally fighting back tears at least three separate times, even with the ending and Neal fulfilling his destiny and promise....it was such a sad road to get there.

The book definitely left me with some anxiety. I guess more so than the Going home series and Requiem because at least in there were moments of happiness and hope of a future. No such warm fuzzies with this one even at the end with the armada coming into the bay. I was like, glad they got away....the rest of us we're all screwed. Very similar feeling to watching the movie The Road.

Great job AA and Mr Hopf. Now back to Charlie to see what her crew is up to in Democide.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,071 Times in 1,313 Posts
    Thanks J, that one was very dark. No happiness anywhere in it. I have an even darker idea but I don't think people would like it, though it could be closer to reality.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 580 Posts
    If you feel it is closer to what would really happen then I say go for it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boston_Joe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I agree with Boston Joe, go for it....just warn us first so I can get my mind right before reading (like watching a full weekend of comedies to hyper elevate my spirits before having them sunk, lol).

Thanks
    So, does anyone have an idea when book 8 will come out ?