Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope

I just finished Hope. I thought it was a neat little side story to the Going Home series. It sounds like the Chinese are about to take over the West Coast. I am anxious to see how that affects Morgan and the group since they are on the other side of the country. I hope I am right about it being a side story, however, it could have nothing to do with the main series. Although, I can't wait for book 8.

I need to get this story.

I'm always a little amused when stories have the angle of coming in via the left coast - there still are plenty of firearms owners and military units, besides people armed who should not be (by law, though a few of them could likely get their rights restored, but no one's telling them that.) The drug smugglers alone would be pissed to have that much disruption in business.

AA tends to remember people like wannabe-gangbangers, petty criminals, violent people, politicians, and other non-contributing members of society.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Screenshot_2016-08-28-17-03-40.jpg

I'm gonna guess that eventually there may be more of a tie-in, but that's just a guess.
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Geez Kick, charge your battery
        lofflorida.com

Comment

You never know what's going to happen.
          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Wow.....just wow.....I just finished this book and as a dad, I was literally fighting back tears at least three separate times, even with the ending and Neal fulfilling his destiny and promise....it was such a sad road to get there.

The book definitely left me with some anxiety. I guess more so than the Going home series and Requiem because at least in there were moments of happiness and hope of a future. No such warm fuzzies with this one even at the end with the armada coming into the bay. I was like, glad they got away....the rest of us we're all screwed. Very similar feeling to watching the movie The Road.

Great job AA and Mr Hopf. Now back to Charlie to see what her crew is up to in Democide.

Comment

Thanks J, that one was very dark. No happiness anywhere in it. I have an even darker idea but I don't think people would like it, though it could be closer to reality.
              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

If you feel it is closer to what would really happen then I say go for it.

Comment

I agree with Boston Joe, go for it....just warn us first so I can get my mind right before reading (like watching a full weekend of comedies to hyper elevate my spirits before having them sunk, lol).

Comment

So, does anyone have an idea when book 8 will come out ?

Comment

Well the Andy Griffith show it wasn't and you say you have an even darker one in mind. I'm getting way too old for this stuff, no where did I put Ma Deuce? Maybe a Striker as BOV.

Comment

The world is an ugly place beneath the veneer of society. Wars, social collapse, and the chaos inherent in an economic dead zone are three places it will come out.
                        When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

so is this book HOPE an addition to the going home series?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdawg7519 View Post
                            so is this book HOPE an addition to the going home series?
                            Yes, it is, however , understand that it doesn't have any of the folks in Going Home. It's the same event/timeline as Going Home, but from a completely different view.
                            Defund the Media !!

Comment

And the second one is darker than the first.

Comment

Working...
                              X