No announcement yet.

Home Series, Book 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that one good? I likedd the first one, but the one year after was not nearly as good.

Comment

I'll try and do this without the use of spoilers.

It was OK. He was a lot more introspective with the main characters doing a lot of soul searching and getting caught up in the past this time around. Due to that the story seemed to take a long time to develop. He reuses a theme I've seen in a few stories regarding the who is involved in both the original problem as well as the resolution and beyond. My thought was that the author got to a certain point saw his word count then tried a little too hard to get it all wrapped up to quickly. I was also a little pissed by a couple of character deaths. I could see it coming both times. Neither time did it really make much sense. One the author used to highlight the setting of the final confrontation and the other I am still shaking my head over.

I agree, the first book was the best. This one seems more boiler plate. Still worth a read if you have nothing on your list at the moment.

Comment

I have too much on my list already, and a month full of appointments, maybe I'll get to read one - but so far they're quick about getting me in.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Really looking forward to 8, but man I wish preppercon wasnt so far away. Id love to check it out this weekend. A well deserved delay AA!

Comment

BJ. where did you source this book? ive tried Amazon but all i get is the audio version, id like to complete the whole set..

thanks in advance.

Comment

dont worry, found it.

Comment

AA just released the first draft of the cover for book 8 on facebook!!!
                Screenshot_2017-04-19-11-41-56.jpg
                Hope I didnt overstep my bounds with this.
                Last edited by gpwelding1; 04-19-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

May 1st isn't that far away. It'll probably take me longer than that to get through the Fourth Turning. Interesting but man o man.

Comment

OH CRAP!!!
                    Morgan, Thad and LittleBit on the cover? That just hit me when I looked at it again this morning!!!
                    Mel? Taylor? LeeAnn?...I think I'm gona be sick. Come on May 1st!

Comment

Hmmm...I don't think that our illustrious leader would be dumb crazy enough to kill off Mel. Just sayin...
                      Defund the Media !!

Comment

You use the word "illustrious" a few more times, and we're gonna wonder if you're Coy, or Bubba?
                        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Mel getting killed would make Morgan very angery and would ramp up the warpath level to 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston_Joe View Post
                            Mel getting killed would make Morgan very angery and would ramp up the warpath level to 11.
                            Or book 11!

Comment

God I hope Chris didnt do that! Ive read the series so many times that everyone in it almost feels like family.
                              But I would have never thought Lee Ann would be shot in book 2, or Taylor blown up in book 6! Plus, look at what happened to Jess at the camp...
                              On the back cover he mentions they will suffer "loss and injury".

Comment

Ya, but that could just mean that Morgan stubs his toe and looses his keys.
                                Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                                X