Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from SW Missouri

Thanks

Hi from SW Missouri

Hi! Phil from Clever, MO in the Southwest part of Missouri, about 20 miles SW of Springfield.
    I am an Emergency Management Director for Christian County. Mostly rural with about 90,000 residents.
    Thru the office, we teach CERT class and have taught about 1,100 so far with about 200 active members. 2014 we were the most outstanding CERT initiative in the country.

Being the emergency management director, it is my job to plan, prepare, respond to and recover from any type of large natural or man made disaster. I also feel that my family should also do the same!! Except I don't subscribe to the 3 day thing.......I should be able to survive indefinitely, without to much help from anyone else.
    With the job, as you might imagine, I get to hear and see alot of things that most people don't. Believe me, not many people are prepared for a SHTF incident. Most are not prepared for a DAY without electricity or modern conveniences!
    I also have to keep up on events around the country, trends, investigations, etc. From what I see, something is gonna happen. Not sure what, when or how...there's just too may crazy people, people that absolutely hate America, and are willing to do anything to make us suffer!

So, personally I have been making it a point to be more prepared. House in the country, chicken coop, garden, green house, some solar panels, shop, wood heat...I'm gettin' there!

Last month, I got to have lunch with A. American!!! Highlight of the decade!! I think I enjoyed his company that day more than going to the White House to get our CERT award!!! A great guy, a great american and a pleasure to meet!

PA

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Phil Amtower For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 501 Posts
    welcome from Florida!
    People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
    ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 612 Posts
    Welcome from WI

Thanks
    Thanked 4,692 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Glad to have you around. When you settle in, and have time I think I'd like your thoughts on how to go about getting a small community (even if it's not everyone) prepared and organized enough to get through a major event.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,504 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Welcome from south central New Mexico. Ok, you've met the big guy, have you read the books? Carry a GHB?
    When oppression becomes law, resistance become duty.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,427 Times in 453 Posts
    welcome from CO, well for now

do you have your own Ham setup yourself?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,254 Times in 1,703 Posts
    Welcome from up near the Gateway City!
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 Times in 4,522 Posts
    I wish I had most of that! Welcome, we will appreciate your inside view.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,545 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Welcome from PA ... PA

Thanks
    Welcome from SE WV. I would like to have some solar panels, but have no clue what I would need. Your job definitely puts you in the thick of things and gives you the opportunity to better prepare your community and your family.