NRA News Frontlines | "The Fight For Light: The EMP Threat"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRA News Frontlines | "The Fight For Light: The EMP Threat"

Interesting, for Going Home series fans, the plausibility should hit home.

NRA News Frontlines | "The Fight For Light: The Coming Catastrophe"

NRA News Frontlines | "The Fight For Light: The EMP Threat"

There are several points of contention in that video for me. I'll forgo commenting on all but one. The idea that solar cells are somehow immune to EMP is 100% BS.

Photovoltaic cells are semiconductors at heart. Remove the semiconductor quality and it ceases to work. The same applies for any electronics. Car, computers, etc. If it can shut down those electronics/semiconductors, it's going to take out PV cells.
    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

I agree, the best bet for regular folks like us is a small system, which you can protect from an EMP hit. Stored components in EMP resistant storage, etc. It is a quandary for sure. I think the point they might be trying to make, is our nation has not taken steps to harden our infrastructure, but should.

The fact of the matter on the larger grid, is it is vulnerable to hackers and Russia and China have their finger on the button as well. There have also been small "probing attacks" on key substations which resulted in sabotage and was clearly well planned. There is nothing wrong with educating yourself on the risks and attempting to plan accordingly. That's why I got into selling the DC fridges.

Comment

Working...
      X