No announcement yet.

Coded radio messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have a ham set up of sorts, normal 27meg, UHF and a 40mtr, just a cheapy from china, but it works.
    I had a mate come round and sort out the homebase, a galaxy 959, on a kick ass aluminum antenna, the UHF are truck based, with some hand helds, the 40 mtr is very mobile, I like to take it out bush and set up the long wire in some trees. I just don't play with them enough, and could never afford a real good yaesu or one like it...

Comment

Regarding John's mustache, the code phrase "John has a long mustache", or as it was originally broadcast, "Jean a une longe moustache" was one of several different code phrases broadcast by the BBC's Radio London in 1944 to alert the French Resistance that the D Day landings were about to begin. It also appears in the movie The Longest Day, based on the book by Cornelius Ryan, and in the movie Red Dawn, the original 1984 version written by John Milius that is, not the lame remake. Not sure how this ties in with Forstchen's One Year After, as it was never really expanded on...unless there really IS a #3 on the way. Let's hope so.

Comment

Be careful we may all be in occupied territory.

Comment

The chair is against the wall.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
          X