Hello from Western NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Western NC

Hello to all, I am new here, new to our Hosts great series of books, and a novice in the world of preping, my new wife and I are just getting started and I look forward to learning all I can from those more experianced than myself, as well as possibly meeting folks in our neck of the woods...thanks for taking the time to read this.

Rick

Hiya from a fellow Tarheel - I'm all the way at the east side of the state.

Comment

Hi Rick, and welcome from south central New Mexico. We do have quite a number of folks out your direction. Welcome to the site, welcome to prepping, and congrats on the new wife. We have a really good crew here, and we all try to be helpful to each other, rather than try to prove how much more one might know about something than someone else. Have you read the entire series? Without trying to get too personal right up front, can/will you tell us a bit about why you started prepping? Was it any particular event, etc?
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from FL.
        People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
        ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Hey Rick. Western NC here too. Near Asheville. Welcome

Comment

Welcome from the Piedmont triad area Rick! Take a look around, lots of good info on here.
            http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Welcome from PA Rick

Comment

And you came here first? I hope you like jumping in the deep end, because you found it.

Welcome, and hold onto your hat. This ride gets fast.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome to the fray Rick!
                  Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

I have always been a bit of a preper, nothing very serious until this last adminastration came into being, I have watched evry last thing I believe in be trampeled under foot, and be rode rough shod over. I spent 21 years serving my Country, the greatest in the world, and now when I look at the flag I served under so proudly,and I wonder what I did it for and why...why so many of my friends and " Brothers " have given so much, up to and including their very lives, I look at my wife, my children and hers, and I see them suffering under a corrupt and callous regime, I see the errosion of all our freedoms and rights, the very things I stood for and defended with pride, I know that there are folks out there that truly appreicate every one past, present and future that stands up for the price of freedom, but I also know that there are those who neither understand nor appricate that cost, and would gladly follow blindly the masses in power that tell them what is good for them, and how bad the freedoms that are there for them are so bad and how they need to become sheep, following blindly and never thinking,just doing as their are told for the handouts given to them...something for nothing, that you and I pay for...I will not follow blindly.
                    Sorry for ranting on, I guess I just want to be ready for what I see coming, and to do the best I can for the ones I love, and hold closest to my heart.

Comment

Sounds like you'll fit right in.
                      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                        《snip》
                        Sorry for ranting on, I guess I just want to be ready for what I see coming, and to do the best I can for the ones I love, and hold closest to my heart.
                        Oh, there needs to be apologies, but probably not from you.

Both sides of Congress.
                        Much of the Judicial branch (for "legislating from the bench.")
                        Most Executive branch administrations.
                        Swarms of petty bureaucrats nobody ever voted for.
                        The IRS.
                        The VA.
                        The list goes on.

You probably see a pattern here.

And thank you for serving.
                        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome from Pa.
                          Thank you for your service .

DD
                          OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment