prepping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
    Will check it in Sept. If it ain't "puffy" I'll open it. The date on it says 2020 or 2012 but I'm sure it's at room temp like you said.
    Had some go bad long before the printed date. The problem with items such as this, is that there is no way to know what conditions they were stored under prior to coming into your hands.
    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Here's a pretty decent short article. I don't think that anyone here would currently fall into the Hammer category, but it's insight into how some seemingly "normal " folks think.

There is an old saying that goes something like, “To a hammer, everything is a nail.”  As with other old sayings there are other versions, such as “If all you have is a hammer, everything is a nail.” So, preppers, are you a hammer? In other words, do you have a canned response for various …
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
        Here's a pretty decent short article. I don't think that anyone here would currently fall into the Hammer category, but it's insight into how some seemingly "normal " folks think.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/07/20...-you-a-hammer/
        The term I use for what he describes is raider. There are a multitude of historical examples of raider mentality, culture, and pseudo governments. None of which played out well over time.
        They should not be confused with the practice of salvage. The latter being defined as taking possession of something that has been abandoned. One is armed theft, the other is not.
        When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Hammer hell. That is a no good, low down theif. And it will only work until he runs into someone better prepared than he is. Those kind need to be summarily shot should shtf. The only thing keeping trash like that in line now is the fear of reprocussions. Should that fear be removed, they will show their true colors.
          Last edited by redman2006; 07-22-2017, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I think we've all met them. The other personal favorite of mine..." I'm coming to your house"
            Many of you have seen this but I email it to folks on a regular basis with varying results...
            Dear Friend:

I love my friends, but I will shoot you if I have to. I’m serious. Here’s why.

I tried to persuade you to prepare for what’s coming and, in the process, revealed that to you that I’m preparing. You realized that I have food, guns, etc., and ended up saying, half kidding but half serious, “I’ll come to your place when SHTF.”

No you won’t. I will shoot you. If you threaten me and my family, I will use force to defend against any threat. And showing up at my place hungry and unprepared is a threat to me. You will eat my food and use up my medical supplies, generator, firewood, etc. That’s less of these life-saving things for me and my family. That’s a threat.

Is this greed on my part? No. I will take care of the truly needy – those who cannot take care of themselves. But you are different. Very different. You had plenty of chances to prepare for yourself.

But what did you do? You spent the weekends watching football, went on expensive vacations, and never made your spouse mad at you with your “crazy” ideas that something bad was happening. You didn’t do shit because… you would just come to my place. Problem solved, right? You didn’t need to spend time, money, and create domestic strife because I did that all for you.

Not. Why should I spend my time, money, and stress just so you can waltz into my place and live happily ever after? I’m a nice guy, but – really? – I’m going to spend my (very limited) free time, disposable income, and domestic tranquility just so you can have a leisurely life and more material comforts pre-Collapse while I don’t?

Why do you think I will sacrifice enormous amounts of my time and money so you can enjoy yourself while I’m slaving away? Would you assume you could come over and leave your broken car at my house? That I would just spend thousands of dollars on parts and several weekends fixing it and then hand it over to you with a smile – just because I’m a “good guy”? Would anyone expect that?

You do, apparently. You actually expect to waltz over to my cabin and receive – with a smile – thousands of dollars of food and other supplies that took me all my weekends to acquire and store.

So, my grasshopper friend (as in the story of the grasshopper and the ant), here is your official warning: if your “plan” for your and your family’s safety is to come to my place, you’re wrong. When you show up, I’ll ask you to leave. When you don’t, I’ll point a gun in your face. If you refuse to leave, I will shoot you. You are a threat to me.

You had years of time and very clear warnings to get ready. But you didn’t. Hey, I love football but haven’t been able to watch a game in a few years; I’ve been fixing up the cabin, buying supplies, and training with the Team. I spent a lot of money doing all these things so I haven’t gone on a long vacation in… forever. I have had several difficult times with my wife because of all the prepping I’m doing; I could have easily done what you did, which is just say “Yes, dear” and not prepare because she didn’t want you to.

I hope this message jolted you. There’s still some time. Go prep. Please understand that your plan cannot be “I’ll come to your place.” I don’t want to shoot you.
            [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Ya, but you always get those who don't think it applies to them.
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

You better have supplies, skills, or preferably, a combination of both or you're not getting in the gate.
                [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

A lot of people prep with the only goal being to live another day. I would submit that there needs to be something more than breathing another day.

7.4 billion people continue breathing as of this moment in time. Many of which have been reduced to that goal alone for years on end, with only some of them getting out of that ditch. The ones I know personally all ended up shooting for something more than just breathing. It doesn't take long to get in the ditch, but it's a fight to get out of it.

Comment

Working...
                  X