Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My true outdoor stories out of Africa....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was not familiar with that knife maker, so I looked him up. WOW, he has some seriously pretty knives. I did not find a price list, but I would expect they are pricey to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
      .... I did not find a price list, but I would expect they are pricey to say the least.
      My general rule is "if they don't list the price, I can't afford it".

Observe, you're probably on the wrong forum to get any movement for your offer of trade. If anyone here needs those items, they haven't been paying attention.

Observe, how are things holding up over there? Are folks going nuts?
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

• Originally posted by kickstand View Post
        My general rule is "if they don't list the price, I can't afford it".

Observe, you're probably on the wrong forum to get any movement for your offer of trade. If anyone here needs those items, they haven't been paying attention.

Observe, how are things holding up over there? Are folks going nuts?
        That post was just some tongue in the cheek! lol
        I am in Bahrain now. Saudi,UAE, Qatar and Kuwait has closed their borders an airports yesterday,
        All schools are closed indefinitely after the initial 2 weeks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	89941266_1030260090670149_3064190008685494272_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	132886

The death totals of corona is misleading, as it only indicate people with access to medical care and hospitals.

Name:	89681556_1030264240669734_7706996535505977344_o.jpg
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	132887

It has not reached the millions in squatters areas, slums and low income overcrowding areas in Africa, India etc, yet.
        I think it will first get worse before it will get better.

Name:	20200317_215018.jpg
Size:	681.8 KB
ID:	132885

As you can see, I have some 'free' computer time on my hands...lol

Name:	90077164_1030241980671960_3531464501821964288_n.jpg
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	132888

Take care and stay safe at that side of the globe!
        Last edited by Observe; 03-21-2020, 06:33 AM.
        Sometimes the mind can not comprehend what the eye can not see...

Comment

• Be very careful of this one out there---Puff-adder!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Holy crap! I'm assuming that is not you, since there's no story attached?
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

• We have puff aders down here but apparently ours aren't as toxic as yours, I've never even heard of a bite from one let alone something that gory. Ours are also a foot or less fully mature, how large was that one
              [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

• The fer de lance in south America has venom that digests like that , years ago a priest down there was treating those bites with electric shock from a boat motor as well as some other bites . In about 30 minutes the person was back to normal , the military at one time was working on something like a tazer to shock . The thought was the current did something to the venom that changed it . In what I read a Animal Vet shocked a dog that was rattler bit and in about 30 to 40 minutes it was back to normal , the shock came from a car spark plug wire . Just an idea you might look up . https://www.nytimes.com/1986/08/05/s...nakebites.html found an article on it !

Comment

• Interestingly , it burns quickly with a clear, smokeless fire -- --multipurpose!! 🔥🤔👍🔥

Warning!--Be careful!

Keep your hands clear of any open flames after using... !!!
                  (Yes, that's my office table..)

Name:	91590322_1043202512709240_6267948127865536512_o.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	132895

Comment

• PRACTICAL EXPERIMENT TIME...

'SURVIVAL' CAMP FIRE STARTERS COMPARISON

....all 3 are burning here....

[...and it seems the winner here is duct-tape with the hottest flame...��]

Name:	COMPARE.jpg
Size:	839.6 KB
ID:	132896

ANOTHER COMPARISON BETWEEN 'SURVIVAL' CAMPFIRE STARTERS 'VASELINE' AND 'HAND SANITIZER' BOTH SOAKED WITH A SMALL PIECE OF TISSUE.

Now the winner seems to be 'VASELINE'!

Name:	fire.jpg
Size:	561.8 KB
ID:	132897

'Survival' fire starters comparison experiment.

Each mixed with a piece of tissue paper here.

Now the 'winner' [hottest flame] seems to be 'Vaseline' !��

I had success with all 3 out there as 'emergency' fire starters. A small piece of TP and the 2 on the right can be used with a fero-rod as well.
                    Which one do you prefer?
                    Last edited by Observe; 04-03-2020, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Sometimes the mind can not comprehend what the eye can not see...

Comment

• Well you don't see that everyday.....

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

Comment

• Sometimes the mind can not comprehend what the eye can not see...

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	95688300_3036201536435888_5158695093355413504_o.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	132906

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	96542293_250272269574300_7231325480090075136_n.jpg
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	132907

Comment

• I'm not sure if surfing causes Covid19 or if it is a primary source of transmission but what I do know is little wanna be dictators world wide find it extremely offensive. Mothers with their babies in parks seems to be another health crime that we must actively work to eliminate.

Comment

Working...
                                X