Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My true outdoor stories out of Africa....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2006Nov-migr3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	132953

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version

Name:	157a1213-c178-4bc8-be59-67f4a50fe279.jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	132954
    Sometimes the mind can not comprehend what the eye can not see...

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1920-px-©-Michael-Wessels-1280x1920.jpg
Size:	441.9 KB
ID:	132955

Comment

• Another type plastic bottle rope cutter.....
        [Think out of the box!]
        This is my last 'project' while in compulsory 14 days covid-19 quarantine isolation in a Hotel room.....��

[Tomorrow I am out!!]

Here is my plastic bottle rope cutter using my reed walking staff [base] , a reed knife as the 'stopper' and my sharp pocket knife blade as the 'cutter'.��

[Many different variations for a 'base', 'stopper' or 'cutter' can be used-think creatively!]

There are many other methods to cut plastic 'rope' as well.

This crude 'rope cutter' configuration of mine using what were available to me here worked quite well! ��

The description on the photo is self explanatory for maybe practicing your own different type of D.I.Y. plastic bottle rope cutter project later in your room,outside or show the kids?��

This plastic bottle 'rope' got so many durable applications and when you apply heat to it ,it became rock solid and hard.��

Name:	rope.jpg
Size:	373.4 KB
ID:	132956

Comment

• I went on a couple of different sort of 'primitive, survival practicing' and solo .357 mag handgun day-hunts so far during the past 30 days.
          [Bullets = 158 gr Sig Hollow points and 6'' barrel revolver,- but also to 'test' and observe this self-defence ammo performance for myself in practice...��]
          Looking on this photo at my on the spot hiding in 'plain sight' hide/blind made with only my small camo net and Shemach, behind that old thorn-tree with some low shrubs and sparse tallish grass.
          Also observe my small neck knife used as an anchor in the tree to keep the camo in place on the correct height...��
          Here I waited patiently and motionless in ambush [for 5-hours during an afternoon hunt] for any Boar Warthog to suddenly appear into my view from about 10-30 m, depending from which direction they are coming from for a nice mud bath...[lots of signs of bathing activity and mud rubbing visible around here]
          Wind direction were nicely into my face that day, though later during the day when the sun heated up, the wind started swirling around at times-not good!

Name:	118598889_1157183147977842_8917870213015601681_o.jpg
Size:	758.2 KB
ID:	132960

Name:	InkedWhatsApp Image 2020-09-12 at 19.26.15 (2)_LI.jpg
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	132961

Comment

• Handgun Hunting in Limpopo
            After another morning [7-1] 6- hours of silent ambush hunting with my trusted 'backup' .357 mag for a known, but very illusive 15-16'' , old ivory boar Warthog, I had to admit defeat once again to clever mister wheel-nose -- due to the swirling wind at times I suspect....

I did observe a group of 5 smaller warthogs antics at about 25 m for a while though, heard the Kudu bark close and unexpected behind me to let me know they found me in this game of hide-and-seek, before departing [sly like ghosts-I tell you!].

I was not ready for a nice Duiker suddenly appearing out of the bush on my right at 10 m before also disappearing again without a sound like it has never ever even been there right next to me at all !

The abundant bird-life was a joy to observe and the sand-partridges feeding unsuspectedly only 3-m away was a real joy to watch!

Well, as always-it's the hunt and not the kill - that's more important to me while out there hunting ethically my way.....
            Last edited by Observe; 09-13-2020, 02:46 AM. Reason: no picture accepted ?!!

Comment

• ...the moment of impact [Blue Wildebeest]....

Name:	Untitled.png
Size:	806.4 KB
ID:	132962

Comment

Working...
              X