No announcement yet.

New Guy from South Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever you were talking to must have been yanking your chain, nobody here but us harmless nut jobs.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by Allterrain777 View Post
      Hey Mark,
      I just joined this forum myself today. I'm finding all kinds of info on here. People seem pretty cool. Sorry to hear about your mom. The cabin your in sounds pretty nice! That part of the Dakotas has some beautiful land. Welcome!
      To add to the story - I'm actually living in my parent's old hunting cabin. They sold it back in 1982 when I left for Texas. When I returned, I took my mom driving by memory to see if we could find it again. Neither of us recognized it when we found it. When my folks owned it, the place was a 3 room tract house that dad & I added a log addition to. There was no electricity and no running water. There was an outhouse and we used a propane stove for heat when hunting during the winter months. When mom & I found the place, it had been radically changed into an 1800 square foot house with all of the creature comforts along with a 2 car garage, a pole barn and a small shed. You could see they basically took the log addition dad & I made and built on from that.

I contacted a realtor and gave her the address of the place - yes, it now had an address too. She contacted the owners after looking them up through the tax records and the woman who answered the phone remembered my family and said she was willing to sell it back to me. Her husband had passed away shortly after finishing the rebuild and the place became too much for her to handle so her kids forced her to move near them in Nebraska. Her family only came to visit the place once every 2 or 3 years for a week of snow skiing. I've been living there full time ever since.

Mark

Comment

Sounds like you're supposed to be there, Mark.

Comment

Welcome from east of Bodymore, Murderland. Formerly of Lake County, FL. Forced into a similar situation several months ago.
          You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
          Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Welcome to the board Mark. I second what Sac said.
            Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Welcome from the sd wy border! was just over in custer last friday. stopped in dead wood... did the loop through the hills. glad your here!

Comment

You might want to dig into how kickstand got his nickname...

Comment

Eh, he already gave the bike up, let's not beat the poor guy up.
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome to the boards..
                    Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Welcome from NC

Comment

Working...
                      X