We're hanging on !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're hanging on !

The creatures weren't big or dangerous looking but they had killed half the earths population so far . They came in quick from space and overwhelmed our defense's but they had underestimated our resolve as humans . We watched them and learned some of their weakness's then fought back . It was a slow fight but we gained ground.
    DARPA had survived and they were coming up with new weapons to hit their weak spots . My unit had one of the newest and we were kicking some alien ass as fast as we could . Their ability to recover and adapt seemed to be limited which was to our advantage .
    We had used rail guns to knock out as many of their space craft as possible now their landing parties had no where to go but to what ever Hell we could send them to . We sent up a hyper velocity nuke and finally hit their Mother ship , as big as the Mother ship was the 100 Megaton did it's job . It might take yrs to take out the trash but we'll take back our home. We've learned to pull together , our difference's became our strengths . We are ONE
    Last edited by airdrop; 06-16-2015, 05:18 PM.

1 YEAR EARLIER , Sir the SSGT yelled to the General on duty at Space Command ( come quick Sir ) . As the General turned a bit ticked off his eyes seen the SSGT's screen and he ran over . What you got Ted as his eyes scanned the objects . Sir they just popped up and their heading our way at a speed of 300,000 kph , I just checked the radar and it's not malfunctioning . As the general looked at the readouts it showed 200 objects in a formation . The hair on the back of his neck stood up as he yelled out , people we have possible hostiles heading our way , Master SGT call all units world wide , the pentagon and the white house . This is not a war game repeat this is not a war game , prepare for possible hostile action from a space force converging on our world . SGT on my authority send that warning to all nations with their ears on .
    Sir I just pickup 4 early birds that are 30 min. out passed any forward devices , what do you want us to do . Call all ground Communications units and get them hot they may go for our birds in the sky and we'll need the standby telecom ready to go . As he stood there the phone rang from the white house , he picked it up ,Sir , what the hell is going on out there General . We are picking up a hostile force Sir with 4 ships coming in ahead of the massed force . The 4 ships will be here in 25 min. Sir if the com birds go down we're in a world of shit . Have you contacted all commands General , yes Sir world wide for us and for any Nation smart enough to get ready . God help us all Mr President .

Comment

As the 4 ships hit our birds in the sky I got a call from a friend still in the Army and he filled me in on what was going on . He said from what has been told to them we're going to get hit real quick Captain so get your butt in gear an go into that deep hole of yours . I said thanks for the heads up SGT and you guys beat feet yourselves. My weather alert went off and got a few words out and went dark , I jumped up and headed for my gun room ,got the bag and my rifle an pistol together and headed for the barn . When I built this place I used the barn to cover a naturel cave that I had found . Before I opened the heavy door I called my Buddies down the road and told them to get here in full gear yesterday . My group had all been Rangers and had come up with this idea to form a MAG here near my place . 5 of us had been working to get ready for hard times but this was not part of the list of SHTF ideas . I looked at my GPS on the phone and it was dead , there goes the outer birds , we're in it now I thought . I had things heading down into the cave when I heard the trucks coming into the yard , I stuck my head out and yelled don't mess around this is the real deal boys and we are on the clock starting right now . As we were about done the phone rang and we all looked at each other no one new this number but us . I answered it ,hello , Captain Rock , yes who is this . I'm General Mills and you and your group are being called up , as soon as the dust settles your to engage in surveillance of what ever enemy that is attacking us and forward that intell to this frequency do you understand Major Rock . He looked at the phone and said oh great smiling . He turned to his buddies sorry to tell you this but we have all been recalled to active duty , now down in the hole and lets get buttoned up . As they went down I said anyone got any Major Oak Leafs lol .
      Last edited by airdrop; 06-19-2015, 07:28 PM.

Comment

For 2 months we listened to the Short wave radio and all that was taking place . We picked up a lot of info on how the enemy was destroying our planet but we stayed put waiting for the smoke to clear . I called the freq. that Mills had given me and got a reply , this is LT burns Major , we're deep like you and watching what their doing as best as we can , we understand Darpa was able to go to secondary location and working on items. Stay undercover for awhile Sir , we'll be genning up some ops before long , just need to get our ducks in a row . Copy LT , we monitor all the time so when your ready give us a shout.
        We were putting a picture of the enemy by all the radio traffic and people telling what they were seeing them do and not doing .

Comment

We worked up some tactics and were told we had a cache of equipment waiting for us about 20 miles from the farm so that was good to hear . The death toll was horrible and we wanted payback but until we were ready we had to go dark all the way . The guys were working out in the weight room getting ready , we also worked on our load out equipment and weapons so we were in top form .
          Last edited by airdrop; 06-17-2015, 07:57 PM.

Comment

They had bombed and hit a lot of our defenses dropped some heavy bombs on the big cities that was very bad . The unprepared countries were taking a pounding ,this was an effort to remove us from the face of the planet . We finally got the go to get out and about , so we headed for our cache to retrieve the equipment . As we got going that night the air was thick but we had our masks on and set a fast pace . We seen some lights in a few homes but stayed clear and on the move . As we neared the cache we got to see our first enemy . It was a small unit of 6 walking down the road , they had a type of rifle and what looked like light armor wear one was scanning with something like night vision box . As they came up to our location they stopped with the box sweeping back and forth . We had heard there was a weakness in the plates and as the leader sweep in our direction we opened up on them , it was in tense for a few minutes but the intel provide to be sound and they dropped quick enough . We broke cover to check out everything , they we're to tall 5' 8" slight build but a little bigger head . They had full helmets with breathers on them so we took one off to get a view of the face of evil . Their Skin was scaly and the eyes were like cat eyes , no nose and small mouth . We took there rifles and hoped to get them to DARPA if they didn't have any . We also took a DNA sample and the box with one of the helmets. When we got to the cache we found a lot of new stuff , extra new ammo the paper work said it was new enhanced AP that was better at penetrating Alien armor . Before we left I wanted to see what the alien rifles would do , I looked it over and it seemed simple enough so aimed for a tree an pressed the button , it whined and out shot a projectile at hyper speed when it hit the tree it exploded from the kinetic energy . We all looked at each other and new this is not a good thing to get hit with . On the way back I decided to keep all but one of the rifles , oh yes we needed some fun guns for later.
            Last edited by airdrop; 06-17-2015, 07:50 AM.

Comment

6 months later DARPA had developed a .50 cal rail gun that was making a difference , we now had the ability to destroy their fliers and land movers . They were getting jumpy ,unsure for the first time . We got good at setting up kill zones and sucking them in an taking out their search groups at one time . Then we hit a home run the DARPA mobile rail gun that could reach out an kill there low orbit craft . At 9 months we engaged their fleet with a coordinated attack and caught them off guard we put fear in their bones . We new they had to have a mother ship and we finally got sight of it , DARPA had been waiting for this moment . At breakneck speed they got a weapon up an running a few months ago in hopes to give them the big punch . As our hunter killer groups were doing their best to move them back into their defensive forts, our mobile Space Command launched Big Boy . We all waited at our radios waiting for the word , then ( To all commands I repeat to all command we have a hit and it appears The Mother is down ) a great cheer went up in all corners of the world . Our work was not done but we were on a roll and the enemy was losing ground in all quarters , it was decided that not one of them would be allowed to remain alive , they gave no quarter to us so it was to be their fate as well . We remain , from the journal of General Rock .
              Last edited by airdrop; 06-20-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X