Has anyone mapped the journey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone mapped the journey?

I'm new to the forum. I'm new to forum's in general! Sorry if this has been discussed, but since I'm from the Pacific NorthWest (Seattle), I have no clue where some of the places are. I'm considering re-reading the first book and making a map of the journey. Has this already been done? Thanks!

Yes, sort of. The author (who gets picked on WAY to much, but only because we love him like a brother,) and a bunch of other Florida residents, are intimately familiar with Morgan's way home. Apparently he drove that way many times, and when he was first writing the books, would give us things like latitude & longitude of interesting things, or would tell us neat things to find on maps. Fun times. Got many of us started on getting HAM radio tickets too, but he's been too busy to get one himself.

Do introduce yourself in the welcome mat section, and have a nice poke around. I will warn you, though - this forum, while wonderfully close knit, is quite the loony bin.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome - good folks here. Opportunities to learn a lot and to share what you know.

Comment

Hey Brandy, now that you've done that review I'll answer your questions,

I have, someplace, a Google map file with the entire trip mapped out. I'll try and find that and see if I can find a way to put it up for folks to see. Another thing I'm going to do soon is drive the route and post some pics of the locations and talk about the scenes so keep an eye out for that.
        I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Originally posted by angeryamerican View Post

I have, someplace, a Google map file with the entire trip mapped out. I'll try and find that and see if I can find a way to put it up for folks to see. Another thing I'm going to do soon is drive the route and post some pics of the locations and talk about the scenes so keep an eye out for that.
          Hi AA, I found your books via someone giving away Going Home on Randalls website. I didnt even get the book but I started researching your book found it as a series and just had to try it out. Now Im not much of a reading guy. It puts me to sleep normally, but I went ahead and tried out the free download of the first chapter of so on my Kindle App, Now Im completely immersed into the first book. After starting reading it I wanted to know if a movie has been done about the series so started researching that and found my way to your message board here. Thanks sharing your talent. Ive always been a Prepper someone whos always packing an EDC Bag. Also a hunter/backpacker. So this suites me well. Would love to see the Map as I am right at Chapter 7 =-).

Comment

Hey SHTF, I will let AA explain things about a possible movie, but I will welcome you to the board. I live a little ways north of you in Wyoming. Stick around and check the board out. Although it may look like all anyone ever talks about is food on here, there are alot of preppers around here and we are always sharing information and tips. There is a alot of experience represented on here and everyone is very helpful.

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome from PA SHTF.

Comment

Welcome Brandy and SHTF!

Yeah, if we are not talking about food, we're licking windows, posting offensive pics and/or hijacking threads.

Seriously, lots of good info. Pull up a chair and have a look around.

Kelly

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I havent had a chance to post a propper FNG Post yet but will tonight. Absolutely love the book. I try and read it every spare moment I have. Good stuff.

Comment

Did I miss it??

Did I miss the map? I'm still hankering for it. I'm totally a map person.

Comment

Lets see if this works:

I made a map in Google Earth while reading Going Home. Im interested to see how I did compared to AA's map
                      Last edited by Cannonball; 11-08-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I'll figure a way to share it out. I do have the file. Anyone wants it just let me know.
                        I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

The route he took is one of the things that made the first book even better for me, my cousin and I used to travel in those areas back in the late 80's/90's to go hunting.

Comment

mate, please , I would love to get that trip map. I have just finished re-reading book 1, now that I have all 7, it will keep me and my train travels less stressed.

Comment

I'll figure a way to share it out. I do have the file. Anyone wants it just let me know.
                              Anyway I can get the map, AA?

Comment

Working...
                              X