Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have the Kershaw Leek?

Comment

I did. Was not for me, but lots of folks love them.

Comment

What!?! They let women handle sharp objects? I'm gonna have to talk to someone about this!
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

The two with the stepped blade, what is the purpose? I have seen them like that or the Tom Brown version, but I never really understood the purpose.

Comment

Ma, I understand tanto, but the step in the main portion if the blade does what? How is it used?
            Last edited by redman2006; 10-13-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

M asked my advise on the "stepped blade" on tow of her knives.

To be honest, this is a wild ass guess. Based on the "look" i would think its some type of "draw knife" where you use it to remove material from something like wood like this

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I will asked tomorrow at tue Army show of some of the knife makers(Benchmade, Gerber Ontario Knife...) and see if they can she some light on it for us.

Comment

Originally posted by AD View Post
                I also have one of these

The dynamic Triage® packaged in high-strength aluminum with the speed and efficiency of AXIS® auto and an automatic opening hook.

AXIS® pull release with integrated safety

Modified drop-point blade style

N680 highly corrosion resistant blade steel (57-59HRC)

440C automatic opening hook-shaped safety cutter (58-60HRC)

Anodized black aluminum handles with textured G10 inlays

Carbide glass breaker
                Is this a beer opener because thats what i need on my EDC blade i won't lie...

Comment

IMG_141020_090538.jpg
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

I'd have to guess the intended purpose of that radical blade design would be chopping. It's certainly a strange design as they go.

Another thing to look at would be dive knives, good ones are very nice, and won't rust. I've got one along these lines, I don't think it's this exact one, which also can be used as scissors. http://www.marine-deals.co.nz/dive-knife/aropec-2-in-1-dive-knife-with-scissor-function

I've got knives everywhere, but for my bug out bag I chose two, a Microtech OTF Navy Seal Scarab, and a SOG Seal Team Fixed blade, both with serrations on a portion of the blade.

Get a Microtech Scarab from an authorized Microtech dealer. Fast, free shipping on all Scarabs.

Knives, multi-tools, packs and gear designed to meet the most rigorous requirements for professional use, outdoor adventures, or daily carry.

Of course, my trusty issue Air Force Survival Knife is never very far from reach either. Very well made, and inexpensive. The one I have is the original Camillus. I think they company changed hands many times since then. That's the best if you can find one. http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.asp...D=6699&TabID=1
                    Last edited by unseenone; 10-20-2014, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaAnn
                      I like that. Very cool.
                      Check your local Dive Shops.. usually an assortment of knives and line cutters on hand. I'll pull out the one I have and see what it is and where to find one.

Comment

Speaking of SOG knives check this out http://www.dvor.com/sog-seal-knives-86-2014-10-19.html

Comment

Originally posted by unseenone View Post
                          I'd have to guess the intended purpose of that radical blade design would be chopping. It's certainly a strange design as they go.

Another thing to look at would be dive knives, good ones are very nice, and won't rust. I've got one along these lines, I don't think it's this exact one, which also can be used as scissors. http://www.marine-deals.co.nz/dive-knife/aropec-2-in-1-dive-knife-with-scissor-function

I've got knives everywhere, but for my bug out bag I chose two, a Microtech OTF Navy Seal Scarab, and a SOG Seal Team Fixed blade, both with serrations on a portion of the blade.

Get a Microtech Scarab from an authorized Microtech dealer. Fast, free shipping on all Scarabs.

Knives, multi-tools, packs and gear designed to meet the most rigorous requirements for professional use, outdoor adventures, or daily carry.

Of course, my trusty issue Air Force Survival Knife is never very far from reach either. Very well made, and inexpensive. The one I have is the original Camillus. I think they company changed hands many times since then. That's the best if you can find one. http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.asp...D=6699&TabID=1

Microtech are pretty proud of their knives, there is no way in hell I would spend $635.00 for one. The Air Forces one is nice I am going to look at grabbing one of those.

RD
                          Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Unseen, aren't they made by Ontario now? They produce some pretty decent knives at a reasonable price as does K-Bar with the Becker line.

Comment

Yes, they are. There were actually several manufacturers over the years, I just think the Camillus was the best of the bunch.

Microtech are quite proud of their blades, no doubt. I didn't pay anywhere near that much for it. They've double in collectable value since apparently. I wouldn't consider them indestructible at all, just handy. The OTF (Out the Fronts) are generally expensive. You can't go wrong with a SOG or the Air Force survival knife, and they don't break the bank.

Comment

Something to remember

Ive sold knives for many years, and I have found in selling more than 10 thousand asst kinds people come back for a few specific brands, and ask me why I sold them others. I tell them they chose what they ordered, instead of asking me.

When they ask, they get a radically different answer than they got when they wanted cheap.

Good gear is not always expensive, but cheap gear ALWAYS is, just depends on when and how bad the failure is
                                Owner of the quietsurvivalist.com

Comment

Working...
                                X